53 ratings (3.943 average)
What's new in this version (2.2.0):
- Now you can save your favorite flashcards!
- Select between 5 different fonts to use with the flashcards
- Completely renewed interface!
- Use swipe gestures to navigate though the cards
- 1 new topic: Colors
Plus Version only:
- Improved dictionary!
- New topics: Money and Proverbs
We are glad to receive your feedback! If you feel you need to rate us anything below 5 stars&
***CREATED BY NATIVE SPANISH SPEAKERS***
Just started to learn Spanish? Need to improve your vocabulary? Planning to visit a Spanish speaking country?
Spanish Flashcards will help you learn the basics with no previous knowledge required.
- Basic Spanish vocabulary
- Lots of expressions organized in different categories like greetings, the hotel, at the airport, the weather, etc.
- Text to speech technology so you can listen to the correct pronunciation
- Save your favorite flashcards for future reference
- Move the application to SD card to save your phone internal memory (Android 2.2 or more)
*** Exclusive PLUS version features ***
- Hundreds of new expressions and words
- Pronunciation guide with examples
- Prepositions and question words with examples
- Advanced offline English Spanish dictionary with over 85.000 words
- No ads
The upgrade to obtain the new features is made as an in-app purchase. No need to install a new application :)
Q: How to change the speech speed?
A: The speed of the speech is controlled by the TTS engine installed with Android. It can be set up by going to:
Settings --> Voice input & output settings --> Text to speech settings --> speech rate
Q: I don't like the voice. How can I improve it?
A: The default text-to-speech engine installed with Android is Pico TTS, it’s pretty simple and sometimes may sound a bit electronic. You can always install alternatives like eSpeak, SVox or IVONA from Android Market. Please check our blog post about this subject: http://www.movinapp.com/talking-android
Q: I have purchased the PRO version but I need to install the application again. Will I need to pay for it again?
A: Absolutelly not. The purchase is made through the Google Play application which will "remember" all the purchases made using your account. Just press the "get more" button to activate it again :)
Q: What kind of expressions will I learn?
A: You will find expressions for the most usual situations when visiting Spain, but also basic and medium vocabulary and expressions for your Spanish lessons. Over 2000 expressions are included in the PRO version.
Q: The dictionary is not working.
A: The first time the application is installed, the dictionary DB must be unpacked. In some cases, this process may fail. Just try to reinstall the application.
The text to speech (TTS) technology may not be available in some devices. To check if your phone is able of speech synthesis: Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings.
If not installed, your device may ask you to install the TTS engine. An internet connection may be required. We recommend installing it before traveling as roaming data tariffs may be very expensive.
The free version version is supported by ads. In case no data connection is available, no ad will be shown. If you like the application, please consider upgrading to the PRO version to get tons of new features and remove the ads. Thanks :)
Tags: Spanish, Spain, Mexico, speech, dictionary, flashcard, English, travel, visit