29 ratings (3.103 average)
What's new in this version (1.1):
- Removed parts that "allegedly" violated copyrights
- Improved audio clips
- All days of the week are now spoken in a consistent style
- New icon and images
- New, more informative description
- Initial release
- If you had downloaded v1.0 previously, please uninstall it and replace it with this one
If you've ever wondered what day it is, or have had someone ask you, what better way to find out than having viral pop-singer Rebecca Black tell you? And not just on Friday, Friday!
Who is Rebecca Black? An American teenager (born June 21, 1997) gained worldwide notoriety with her single entitled "Friday" in 2011 when her music video made its debut on YouTube. "Friday" was co-written and produced by Clarence Jey and Patrice Wilson of ARK Music Factory was reportedly dubbed "light in the lyrics" by Rebecca Black's mother; Rebecca responded that she simply "sang it as they wrote it, Mom".
Opinions on the song are mixed with some hating it, some loving it, but the majority either "hate to love it" or "love to hate it". Critics even called it "the worst song ever". As of May 10, 2011, the video had amassed more than 135 million views.
The song follows Rebecca Black as a "typical teenager from waking up, eating cold cereal for breakfast, waiting for the school bus, and catching a ride to school with her friends (after debating which seat she should take). In the evening (after another seating debate) she and and her friends (Benni Cinkle and another girl) ride to a party. We're also provided with the information that Thursday is before Friday, Saturday comes after Friday, and Sunday comes afterwards.
- This app utilizes very short sound-bytes from the song which are in compliance with the Fair-Use clause of the Copyright Act of 1976, and as a parody of the original, is protected as Free Speech.
- Additionally, Courts have held that The First Amendment and the laws of many states protect the use of someone's name or likeness in creative works and other forms of entertainment, such as is being done in this app.
Last comments from Android Market
Exactly as advertised.
This is sooooo stupid, its the most stupidest app i have on this phone. Uninstalling!!!
Fun fun talk about fun!
Very very bad app i thought it would be a cool little app thing not good with the whole date thang dont waste y'alls time with this
Love it! Harassing my friends has never been easier!
Best app ever!! I will no longer have confusion of which day it is.