1773 ratings (4.163 average)
What's new in this version (2.4.47):
• Multiple bug fixes
• Increased device support
• Removal of permissions causing concerns to some Users (See description)
TubeMap, is one of the most popular FREE cross-platform tube map apps. With over 5million downloads, it has now been completely re-written specifically for Android. TubeMap is packed full of cool features including; LIVE arrival & departure information, station finder, journey planner, oyster balance check.
* Apps magazine says: `Tube Map gives you an advantage over the always-perilous London Underground for the grand price of nothing. A truly wonderful app` ★★★★★.
* #24 in TechRadar.com’s Top 50 Best Free iPhone Apps 2011.
Tube Map contains many useful and exciting features:
• The iconic Harry Beck designed London Underground map.
• The World’s Fastest Route Planner.
• LIVE Departure Boards and Station Information.
• Oyster Account access - check your Oyster Card balance wherever you are.
• Find Nearest Station - use GPS to quickly locate your nearest Station.
• Twitter integration – access to Tube Map’s aggregated feed of Status and News Tweets.
• Full-screen Landscape view.
• myTrains integration - gain instant access to LIVE National Rail Departures and Arrivals information.
• TripAdvisor® - Tube Map includes information from the world’s largest travel site. You can now find local reviews and advice on where to stay, what to see and where to eat in the capital.
We value your support of Tube Map and would love to hear your comments. You can send us email from within the app using the Support option, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details of permissions used in Tube Map:
• INTERNET - This permission is used to provide access to live information, Twitter feeds and for advertising only.
• ACCESS NETWORK STATE - This permission is used to determine network connectivity status for advertising only.
• ACCESS FINE LOCATION - This permission is used to facilitate location functionality when finding nearby stations using GPS only.
• READ PHONE STATE - This permission is used to get device ID required for advertising only. It is not used to collate any other information about phone state or usage.
Last comments from Android Market
Very slow to load with two splash screens. Even on htc desire the screen jerks in use. There are better tube maps.
Get a force close on my motorola defy. v1.9.78
Absolutely fantastic! A life saver for ppl like me with no sense of direction!
Better now that its opening!
Thought I could get away without using this one but no: it's pretty essential for London travel...
Force close issue fixed with up to date map and routing seems ok at first play. Hero 2.1 #fixed
Good but scrolling can be annoying. There are better tube maps on the market- Desire HD
Still no pinch-to-zoom and horribly jerky scrolling and poor response! iPhone version is still miles better, why?
Very useful, when it works
alan s (*)
After latest upgrade fails instantly on HTC Hero