7 ratings (4.286 average)
What's new in this version (1.1):
Version 1.1 supports sending of multiple location fixes in a single update. This improves the accuracy of Route Analysis (under the Reports section) while preserving battery life of the device.
Connector is a cloud-based, Google Apps™ integrated track and dispatch service.
The service supports a wide range of location-aware devices including smart phones, wireless routers and other GPS devices. It is suitable for businesses and organizations of all sizes as well as for individuals.
The service would find application in diverse areas where location-based event reporting, message dissemination, tracking and monitoring, etc. are required.
- For businesses to manage mobile work force and movable assets
- For organizations to track and communicate with groups on expedition or field trip
- For individuals to stay in touch with friends and family members on the move
- Live location update on Google Maps™
- Track selected individual or group
- Proximity alert for user-defined location
- Email notification on user log in and log out
In-built messaging features:
- Text message (2-way)
- Image message (2-way)
- Voice message (2-way)
- Route and map point (1-way)
- Group broadcast
Administrative and reporting features:
- User management
- Individual and group usage report
- Historical route analysis
The service is integrated with Google Apps™ and runs on Google App Engine™ cloud platform for:
- Single sign-on with Google Apps™ account
- Calendar integration
- High capacity, scalability and reliability
- Data security and privacy
Before you use this Connector Android App, you or your service administrator must register for the service at http://connector.sg . A Google Apps account is required.