7 ratings (4.429 average)
What's new in this version (2.1):
Ver. 2.1, Nov. 8, 2011
1. Bug fixed.
2. Add plain text message support for Android 2.2 (FROYO).
Note. App compatible w/ Android 2.2+ (FROYO) & only available from official Android Market.
1. Pricing model changed to POST paid and charge reduced.
2. The application is free to try out and for evaluation. Please take note that there will be a small fee for use of encrypt / decrypt function (pay with PayPal) if you decide to keep this application after evaluation.
Secure SMS is a client-side encrypt/decrypt application which allows user who wants a bit of privacy on SMS communication to encrypt their message content before sending it out to people. Only targeted recipient who has the correct decrypt key would be able to decrypt the encrypted SMS and read the message.
Feature highlight of the application includes
1. peer-to-peer secure message communication by AES-128 encrypt/decrypt mechanism
2. remove of messages from device's default inbox for enhanced privacy control
3. separate keys for each individual contact or a default key for all (can be enabled on settings option)
4. password (PIN) required for accessing message view page (can be enabled on settings option)
5. password (PIN) required for accessing settings page (can be enabled on settings option)
6. password (PIN) required for accessing keys management page (can be enabled on settings option)
7. incoming secure message notification on status bar and one click to view