86 ratings (4.744 average)
What's new in this version (3.2.9b):
- Improve the compatibility with Optimus 2X kernel 184.108.40.206-CM7-ETaNa_STOCK
User review from xda: http://goo.gl/NKorL
Do you hate the car/desk dock app popping out when using a holster? Do you want to suppress the dock event completely? Try NoDock trial(another app) on your ROOTED phone now.
NoDock can intercept the desk/car dock event at OS layer, Android won't know about it. The result is: no state change, no screen on, no dock app launching.
DON'T buy NoDock if you don't need this perfect suppression or the unique features NoDock provides. There're free apps on the market that do the imperfect suppression already.
Morever, CyanogenMod 7(maybe 6 too, unverified) have a setting to disable the "Dock Observer" which could achieve the core feature of NoDock v0.1 though at a different level. (NoDock at kernel level, CM7 at Android level) Be sure to try this out before buying NoDock as not most of you really need the unique features of it.
Some Android device such as Milestone/Droid series, Nexus One, G2.....etc use the hall effect(magnetic field change) sensor to trigger the desk/car dock mode. So if you're using a holster, it maybe irritating you.
NoDock can completely suppress this disadvantage. Or turn it to an advantage dramatically by using the auto-suspend/wake features.
Visit website for more info.
1. Use with bag/cases that has a magnet for phones that trigger dock mode by magnetic field change.
2. Suppress the dock mode when using the phone in car dock.(such as HTC Evo 4G)
3. Use the dock(eg. Milestone's media station) as a phone holder that won't affect the operation of the phone when docking/undocking frequently.
4. Auto suspend/wake(the same effect as power button) the phone when entering/leaving the dock.
5. Allow normal dock usage if the dock is powered, suppress otherwise.
6. Prevent the dock mode when the phone has a broken USB port!
-Auto-load on startup/undock with safeguard(safeguard is when the module failed to load once, the auto-load on startup will be disabled so it won't cause a boot loop)
-Widget to load/unload
-Auto suspend/wake the phone on dock/undock
-Allow dock event to pass thru normally if dock is powered
This app is different than any other dock blocker that it requires the ROOT privilege to work at the OS layer. Google "android root" to know more.
If you see some features that is not supported on your phone, email me, I need access to the phone in order to make it right.
About refund, try to contact me via email and let me know your difficulties.
nodock, No Dock, holster
Older change logs:
- Increase the root request timeout to 20s.
- Fix an experimental feature that intend to resolve the symbol CRC mismatch issue on 3.0 kernel.
- Relax root not granted exception
- Debug some SI9100 kernel with Siyah kernel.
- Experimental to increase the support for special kernel on phones like SGH-T989.
Last comments from Android Market
Better than any other app for this purpose. NoDock intercepts the magnet sensor call completely, not just replacing the launched app when tripped!
Works just fine on Droid X. (Froyo) Does what it says it does! Developer is great at following up on any problems.
Excellent app so I can use my pouch that has a magnet. The dev has excellent communication!!!
Great app. Dev is top notch!
Sweet app Dev. really works with to help
Initially didn't work with my phone's kernel but developer worked until it did. Excellent.
Works perfectly on mot droid with cm 6.1 nightly 177 with slayer kernel!!
Works great on my Milestone, solve the problem of screen turns on inside a leather pouch with magnetic lock
The developer worked with me to get support for the Droid X. The developer is awesome! This works much better than other simular apps. 5 stars!
Excellent support from developer modified it to work with my HTC evo. Excellent app!