35 ratings (4.429 average)
What's new in this version (2.7):
-all device orientations are now supported
-added new graphic & navigation layout for audio/video/info for each stop
-removed the more tab
-added menu items
-downloadable media can now only be downloaded to an external SD card
-you can now get directions to a select trail stop by tapping a stop on the map and clicking the "Directions" button
many bug fixes and improvements to the following:
-trail stop page layout
Know It All Tours is proud to present its Tour Boston's Freedom Trail app. This interactive App is the only guide you need to explore the Boston Freedom Trail!
Tour Boston's Freedom Trail App is jam packed with content including full audio, HD video footage, GEO location and maps, thorough historical information about each of the sites, and important details such as public restroom locations, handicap accessibility, contact information and hours of operation.
The Freedom Trail is Boston’s most famous attraction. The 2 ½ mile red line winds its way through the city, linking historically significant sites and telling the story of the birth of the United States. This interactive App covers all of the 16 official sites on the Freedom Trail, along with many other interesting “unofficial” sites that you might otherwise pass right by. In total there are 45 points of interest, making this the ultimate app to guide you through Boston's Freedom Trail. It is the only guide you need to learn all about this important piece of history, while you go at your own pace.
Summary of Features:
- Learn about Boston’s famous Freedom Trail
- Great historical information about the trail and each site
- Extra “unofficial” stops along the way
– Don’t miss a thing!
- 45 Total Points of Interest!
- Full audio, video and text for each site so you can choose how to experience the trail
- Geo-location & maps so you won’t get lost
- Beautiful HD video footage of each site
- Restroom information,
- Handicapped accessibility information
- Hours of operation & contact information for the sites
- Wikipedia links for even more information
- Self-guided tour
-Your location is now shown on the map(when location services are enabled)
- Save money and go at your own pace!
- The map points show official stops in Red, and unofficial stops in Purple. Stops are now all displayed on the map.
- Now you can start from the Boston Common (stop 1) or Bunker Hill Monument (stop 16). Just shake the device or use the re-sort button on the iPad and the tour will be re-ordered to either 1-16 or 16-1.
- all the media can be downloaded to the device before you hit the trail. This is a great update for travelers that might go outside their network.
Read along with the text, or just relax and listen to the audio while you explore the sites. You’ll even find some little known facts, and interesting details about places that are not officially part of the trail, but that you might otherwise pass right by. With more features than any others available, you can experience a completely self-guided tour. This means you can move at your own pace and not worry about keeping up with an organized tour while you take in more of the city of Boston and take breaks when you want to. Learn everything you ever wanted to know about the Freedom Trail right here! Even if you can’t make the trip to Boston, this is a great app to learn about the Freedom Trail from the comfort of your home. With so much great information, full audio, hours of beautiful HD video clips and photographs, you’ll feel like you’re there!
- Write External Storage: Allows you to download the media content to your SD card
- Internet: Allows streaming/downloading of audio/video
- GPS Location: Allows the app to show your location on the Map View
- Access Network/Wifi State: Used to determine if Wifi is available(used when downloading media)
- Wake Lock: allows the app to keep a Wifi lock while y
Last comments from Android Market
Did not work at all for me, kept crashing. (motorola cliq xt, android 1.5)
Excellent. The guide book they sell at the start costs more than than the app ( about $7) and is less informative.
Great app. Works great as a tour guide. Boston is a loud city so you might need to use headphones to hear the audio. Worth the money to buy this app.
Excellent application. Completed the Freedom Trail today with my family. Application was very informative and was a great travel asset to have.
Great app, a steal at $3. Need to reopen it every time I return to it from another screen, but doesn't take long. Galaxy-s.
Used this app on a short weekend trip to Boston and was thoroughly pleased. Quick, easy to use and informative, I'd most highly recommend it!
Justin Haslett (*****)
An awesome app for an awesome trail. Provided an enormous amount of information on our recent self-guided walk on the Freedom Trail.
Awesome narrated tour of the Freedom Trail. Some places were closed & so we loved having the video clips. Great app (Moto Droid).
Great App! I will be trying it out this weekend when I go to Boston
Great app. Very helpfull for the boston area, very detailed info and videos