58 ratings (3.931 average)
What's new in this version (1.9.4):
- autolower background when added
- fix first two menu items when one strobe is added
- autoscale new item depending on your screen resolution to try to get it to work better on 720p phone displays (really needs higher resolution graphics though, but that requires dropping Android 1.6 support)
- fix possible crash
- speed up UI when diagram hasn't been edited
Studio Buddy is a photographer's Lighting Diagram creator.
Lite version which limits #strobes/modifiers (look up Zach Arias if you really think it's not enough or buy the Full version).
After adding a diagram, you can add devices by using the menu or long-pressing anywhere on the screen except an object.
You can bring up a context menu on an object by long-pressing it.
After you select an object, you can drag/move/resize it by dragging the control points up/down.
Fling (quickly swipe) the screen left to right to get to the other screens.
- pixelated graphics on high-res devices (especially when you resize...the graphics are not vector, they're bitmaps)
- not optimized on tablets yet (doesn't use fragments and graphics aren't high-res enough...will be in 2.0 if enough people buy the Full version)
Keywords: photography, strobe, flash, lighting, model, studio, diagram
Last comments from Android Market
Great app. Better than another one I had. Will purchase.
FYI, the location info is for the ads and an upcoming feature...Babak could have just emailed to ask :-p. And studio buddy was released before OLDC...
A bit crap only one strobe can be added, will stick with online version or use pen and paper. A rip off of "Online Lighting Diagram Creator"
Only allows you to place one light source from either hot shoe flash or strobe.
Too difficult to draw diagrams. Pen and paper is better. And why does it need my location?
Great app dev very open to input
I have been looking for this app for a while. Awesome work.
Norm L (*****)
Great app for strobists, dev is also very responsive to suggestions for improvement.
Gets better and better with each update.
would like to say for the 1st swing this is a great program for budding strobist or anyone wanting some type of reference of there shot.