2975 ratings (4.328 average)
What's new in this version (1.2.2):
- Switched the ad component to Google's Admob, hence the extra permission "ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE".
- Added an auto pan function for the camera. Use this if your device does not support home screen swipe panning. NOTE: This function altered the "swipe smoothness" scale a bit as a side-effect, so you might have to re-adjust that setting.
- Fixed a problem on newer
Watch fireflies dancing around swinging light bulbs in a darkly lit room. This live wallpaper is designed for the best outlook and minimum CPU usage. Use your touch to toggle the light bulbs and make the fireflies gather around. Swipe across your home screens to make the light bulbs sway back and forth.
This free edition features:
- Adjustable number of fireflies (0-30) with full range of colors to choose from
- Adjustable firefly speed
- Adjustable swipe smoothness
The full version features all the features of the free edition and:
- An alternative background
- Adjustable: Screen refresh rate (cut the CPU usage and save battery!), background & bulb brightness, number of fireflies (0-100), and accelerometer refresh rate
- Use the accelerometer to sway the light bulbs by swinging your device
- Display your battery life on the centre light bulb
- Enable/Disable: Accelerometer, battery life meter, fireflies flashing, touch filtering & events, light bulbs and their pendulum motion
NOTE: Test this free edition first before purchasing the commercial one to confirm that your device is compatible with the software. 'Fireflies' uses hardware acceleration in its graphics, so if your device lacks a sufficient graphics processing unit (GPU), the software might not run as well as it was designed to.
USAGE: Go to your Home-screen > Press the Menu-button > Choose “Wallpapers” > Choose “Live wallpapers” > Select “Fireflies Free Edition” > Push the “Set wallpaper” –button.
Not all devices support the live wallpaper –feature. If the “Live Wallpapers” category is missing when following the previous instructions, it means that your handset lacks the support.
Why we do not recommend SD card installation for Live Wallpapers?
- When an application is installed to SD card, then every time the SD card becomes unavailable (for example when the device is connected to a computer or simply when the card is dismounted) the Android operating system kills all the applications installed to it to prevent data loss & other problems. Live wallpapers are in a sense always on, meaning that users who have them installed on their SD card, will always have to reselect the wallpaper again from the wallpapers list after the SD card is once again available. This is the reason why we strongly recommend you to keep the Live Wallpaper you are using installed on your devices internal memory.
Why does the application require the Internet permission?
- For us to display our own promotional graphics in the settings.
If you experience any problems with the application, please do not hesitate to contact us - "Does not work" in the comments won’t help us solve anything.