3826 ratings (4.587 average)
What's new in this version (3.8.1):
Added a workaround for a problem where the volume control on the player screen didn't update properly after a screen orientation change on some phones.
Added a "Listener threshold" setting for use in specifying the number of listeners a scanner feed should have before a RadioReference.com alert notification is displayed.
Added support for RadioReference.com's feed provider-provided alerts (support for displaying them in the direct
Listen to live audio from over 3,600 police and fire scanners, weather radios, and amateur radio repeaters from around the world (primarily in the United States and Australia, with more being added daily) on your phone.
* View scanners that are located nearest you, sorted by distance.
* View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners (list updated every 5 minutes).
* View list of scanners added most recently (new additions are being added all the time).
* Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites list for quick access.
* Browse the directory of scanners by location or genre (public safety, air traffic, weather, railroad, etc).
* Enable notifications to be notified when lots of people (such as over 1000, for example) are listening to any scanner (indicating that something big is happening). You can also be notified when scanners located near you (or specific scanners of your choosing) have more than a certain number of listeners.
* Add Scanner Radio Pro widgets and shortcuts to your phone's home screen for quick access (app cannot be installed on SD card to access them).
* Add a "Scanner Radio Pro Favorite" shortcut to your home screen to launch a scanner feed via an alarm clock app or automation app.
* Listen to RadioReference.com's audio archives to listen to audio that's been archived over the past 30 days. Note: You *must* have an account on RadioReference.com and purchase their "Premium Membership" ($15 for 6 months) in order to access their archives using the app.
In addition to the above features, you also get the following features with this version of the app:
* The ads are removed.
* The play button at the top of the directory screens and on the widgets is can be used to start listening.
* With the "Scanner Radio Pro Locale PlgIn" plug-in is also installed you can have Locale/Tasker launch the app and have one of your Favorites automatically begin playing based on one or more conditions or have the app stop playing. One use for this feature is to have a scanner feed begin playing when your phone connects to a specific Bluetooth device and then have it stop when the connection to that Bluetooth device is no longer present.
The audio is provided by volunteers using real scanner radios. If your area is not available, see the menu in the app for information on how to get it added.
Explanation of why various permissions are needed:
The "Phone Calls / Read Phone State" permission is needed by the app so that it can detect when you're placing a phone call (or when one is being received) so that it can automatically stop the streaming of the audio to prevent it from interfering with the call.
The "Fine (GPS) Location" and "Coarse Location" permissions are required so that the app can determine what scanners are located in your area when you click on "Near Me". When you click on "Near Me" the app first attempts to determine your location via the network, if that fails the app then tries to determine your location via GPS.
The "Automatically Start at Boot" permission is required so that a small portion of the app can be started when your phone boots if (and only if) you turn on the notifications feature of the app (that feature is turned off by default).
If the audio repeats or the app stays connected for only a short time, try returning to a directory screen in the app, then select "Settings" from the menu, then "Player settings", and then try changing the "Streaming method" setting.
Follow "Scanner Radio" on Facebook or S
Last comments from Android Market
Not recognizing I bought pro version
if the widget doesn't work.. You going to have to uninstall and reinstall the app.. The developer responds n helps.. Hope they fix the widget problem
Best app out there!
It a very Good app to have it
Best I have found so far.
Basically the same as the free version. Widgets don't work. Unistalling to use the free version.
Where is Simpson county
I pay for scanner pro to get widgets then a week later a update comes out and removes them......put them back and ill change my rating !
The Best! Suggest changing icon color of Pro version so user can distinquish between Pro & Free version at a glance when listening to both.Droid2.