4697 ratings (4.072 average)
What's new in this version (18.104.22.168ga):
New speedtest screen
See the cause of a dropped call (BETA)
22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199
Fixes sporadic crash on Sperdtest screen
Fixes crash for Samsung phones on dropped calls screen
Handling of non-standard dropped call causes
188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206
Removed extraneous permission
Removed crashes when viewing map
Added GSM maps for Indonesia, Mexico, Brazil
An unnecessary (and scary) permission slipped into our last release (PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALL) and generated some negative comments. In this release, we removed that permission since it appears it is not needed for the dropped calls functionality; we're sorry we alarmed anyone.
Please read at the bottom for why we need each permission
Sensorly helps you discover who the best carrier is FOR YOU, using on millions of signal strength recordings made by our users throughout the world:
- 'Compare' is available for every mobile carrier in the world (includes Asia & Africa...). If yours is missing, email us.
- 'Map' is available for some countries only, we add new ones once we have enough data for the country.
** DISCLAIMER **
1) Some Samsung phones (including Galaxy S2, Note, N7 tablets) have a bug on Android 2.x : they do not provide signal strength information for 2G/3G (CDMA and GSM) so Sensorly indicates "unavailable". Some Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) official ROMs fix the issue but some don't : your milage may vary. Some alternate ROMs have fixed the bugs, for example XWKK2 and XXLPH
2) 4G support is EXPERIMENTAL as it is not supported as extensively as 2G/3G in Android. See note at the bottom.
** DISCLAIMER **
With Sensorly, you can
- see the cause of dropped calls
- test your carrier's network speed anywhere you are.
- see carrier's 2G, 3G, 4G and WiFi coverage on beautiful maps with street-level accuracy
- compare carrier's coverage and signal quality for any location in the world using our unique 'compare' feature
- report indoor locations with poor coverage using Foursquare's list of locations
- map your neighborhood easily with our non-intrusive data collection (optional)
- see everything the phone can say about your phone's network connectivity : cell tower identfication or BSSID, signal strength (RSSI), etc. It works for CDMA, GSM, WiFi, Wimax and LTE.
Our information is provided free of charge, we hope you will contribute to the database and map your neighborhood in return (but you don't have to)Our application is 100% configurable : choose the map to show, enable/disable data collection, automate data collection, send only over Wifi, etc... you have total control.
Note : Maps update within the day, email us through the settings screen if you think there's a problem.
Supported carriers : Verizon, Sprint, AT&T (ATT), TMobile, iWireless, Cricket, US Cellular, Cellular South (C-spire), Vodafone, O2, Telstra, Optus, 2degrees, etc...
- ACCESS_COARSE_UPDATES, ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION and ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION : for getting your phone's position
- BROADCAST_STICKY : required by some phones to get the signal strength
- VIBRATE : used to make the phone vibrate when an important event happens
- INTERNET : used
Last comments from Android Market
It does what its support to-do but takes forever to gather information
Informative. Takes a long time to gather data.
Works ok when looking up coverage; but cause my evo to stay awake even after reboot. Uninstall
Hideous sirens wail even when phone in Quiet mode and program settings turn them off.
Awesome app, dev added regional carrier on my request. Samsung Vibrant
Works gr8 on evo. Sprint is the only one w/ 4g cuz its true. They own Clear wimax provider. Don't let your other wireless provider fool you.
Shows 5/6bars(77db) on Evo but 2 bars on map. Needs to be fixed. TMO IS NOT 4G, HSPA+ IS A FASTER 3G ENHANCEMENT. ONLY WIMAX AND LTE IS 4G.
4G is in my area using T-Mobile yet there is no selection for a map in listing for 4G ... only Sprint, is this a Sprint product?
This app thinks it owns my phone. Loud horn when low batt prevents scan can't be prevented. Refuses to exit if data needs uploading. Works, arrogantly