9 ratings (4.111 average)
Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses (DrugGuide™) sets new standard for nursing drug references by increasing its focus on safe practice and effective patient care. This latest update is based on the 13th edition and 2010 print edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
Highlights of the 13th edition
- Audio pronunciations for almost 890 generic drugs
- Over 800 built-in drug dosing calculation tools
Simply review a drug, calculate the dose and administer all in a single step without needing to switch to a separate drug dosing program. Comprehensive coverage on over 1,000 drug monographs including more than:
- 5,000 trade and generic drugs as well as expanded coverage of herbal products
- 150 drug classifications, both therapeutic and pharmacologic (if available)
- 500 commonly used combination drugs, including the dosage amount of the active generic ingredient
- Most complete life-span drug dosing considerations for adult, pediatric, and geriatric patients
Completely updated with expanded coverage on vulnerable populations including:
- New indications and dosing recommendations for top 100 pediatric drugs
- Pediatric, geriatric, and OB medication administration considerations
- A complete immunization schedule
- Special techniques for administering medications to children
- Oral rehydration solutions
- Drugs and breast feeding
- List of drugs associated with increased number of falls in the elderly
More High Alert Coverage and Patient Safety Information than any other drug guide including:
- Special highlights to identify High Alert Medications with high risks for patient injury and information throughout the monograph that explain what the nurse can do to ensure patient safety
- "Do not confuse with" and "Do not crush, break, or chew" caution statements highlighted to support safe practice
- Information on how to prevent administration errors, detect dosing and dispensing errors, and detect or prevent adverse drug reactions (ADR)s.
- Explanations on how to administer medication safely by all routes – including signs and symptoms for toxicity and overdose, safe handling tips and how to educate patients for safe medication use in the home
Plus new integrated dosing calculators - Now, with over 800 built in weight-based drug dosing calculation tools, simply review a drug, calculate the dose and administer all in a single step.
Last comments from Android Market
Doesn't have half-lives or physiological actions of the drugs.