15 ratings (4.267 average)
What's new in this version (2.8.13):
NEW! Easy copy-and-paste functions: translate all clipboard contents – whether one word or several words at a time!
NEW! Three integrated input methods!
NEW! Support feature: report bugs, request features and send feedback to Google Play or the Paragon development team!
With about 135,000 keywords and over 500,000 examples, definitions and explanations of hyphenation, pronunciation, grammar, style levels and etymology, the current vocabulary of the German language has never before been presented in such a comprehensive manner. Duden recommendations provide assistance with several permissible types of spelling. The dictionary also contains several thousands of sound settings for correct pronunciation as spoken by professional speakers on the main German television channel. This comprehensive standard dictionary based on the current official regulations leaves no questions unanswered with respect to the German language.
Features of the dictionary:
• About 135,000 keywords based on the current official regulations
• More than 500,000 examples, definitions and explanations of hyphenation, pronunciation, grammar, style levels and etymology
• Several thousands of sound settings for correct pronunciation as spoken by professional speakers on the main German television channel
• Direct access to the respective rule of spelling
New! Easy copy-and-paste functions allow unknown words or phrases to be copied from an active application like the web browser or email to the clipboard, and automatically translated by switching back to Duden. Translate all clipboard contents – whether one word or several words at a time!
Search and translate Features
• NEW! Three new integrated input methods make dictionary use more convenient than ever. Search by voice using Google Voice recognition service (Available for OS 2.2 and higher), take a picture of the text and translate it with Google Goggles, or enter the word in your own handwriting with Paragon’s PenReader handwriting recognition software.
• Look up unfamiliar words in dictionary directly from the home screen! The dictionary provides translations in a Quick Search Box alongside other search results.
• List of similar words is displayed in case of misspelling.
• Find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling using Wildcard Search.
• German audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Integrate dictionary with the Flash Cards application and quiz yourself with words you have added from the dictionary.
• Test yourself with a Word of the day widget on your Home screen. A random entry from the dictionary is changed daily (Menu->Settings->Install widget)
• NEW! Manage Word of the day widget settings: select dictionary direction, font size and update period (manual or automatic).
• NEW! Enhanced customization options allow you to choose background color. Black, white and sepia themes are available (Menu -> Settings).
• NEW! Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort (Menu -> Settings).
• NEW! Report bugs, request features and send feedback to Google Play or the Paragon development team quickly and conveniently with the new integrated support feature (Menu -> Information).
• Search History feature shows the last 20 words looked up.
• No Internet connection required.