59 ratings (4.203 average)
What's new in this version (2.9.7):
NEW! Easy copy-and-paste functions: translate all clipboard contents – whether one word or several words at a time!
NEW! Three integrated input methods!
NEW! Support feature: report bugs, request features and send feedback to Google Play or the Paragon development team!
Merriam-Webster’s Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged - America's most comprehensive dictionary.
• Over 257,244 entries and 700,000 definitions
• 143,000 etymologies describing word origins and 100,000 quotations
• 1,100 synonymy paragraphs
• Special updated Addenda Section of new words and meanings
• Extended Thesaurus.
• Audio pronunciations made by native speakers
• Word of the Day—a random dictionary definition daily
• Enhanced customization options allow you to choose background color and enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort
• New input methods make dictionary use more convenient than ever. Search by voice with Google Voice recognition service, take a picture of text and translate it with Google Goggles, or enter the word with your own handwriting using Paragon's PenReader handwriting recognition software.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• No Internet connection required.
Merriam-Webster Inc. acquired the rights to revise and publish Noah Webster’s dictionaries in 1843. Since then, Merriam-Webster has maintained an ongoing commitment to innovation, scholarship, and love of language. Each Merriam-Webster dictionary is the product of extensive research and painstaking writing and editing conducted by the largest group of full-time lexicographers in North America. Today, the company continues as the leader in language reference publishing with bestselling reference books and electronic references, popular Web sites and a range of licensed products.
tags: merriam, webster, translate, translation,vocabulary, paragon, software, reference, english language