964 ratings (3.751 average)
What's new in this version (1.2.4):
What's new in v1.2.4:
- Fixed few more bugs reported by users.
- Added a link to the new Smartbench 2012 app from Android Market.
Smartbench 2011 is a multi-core friendly benchmark application that measures the overall performance of your smartphone. It reports both Productivity and Games Index to suit both productivity users and 3D gaming users.
NEW UPDATE (Jan 28, 2012): The server now holds more than 2 million test results and tens of thousands of unique entries in the chart. Smartbench 2011 v1.0 was released about a year ago.
NEW UPDATE (Mar 6, 2011): There was a server-side bug that caused scores to not display correctly. This has been fixed. Android app does not need to be updated - v1.1 will work as is.
Here are some of the new features introduced for 2011:
1. Smartbench 2011 is now multi-core ready. Dual-core phones are becoming popular and is clearly the future of Android platform. Unfortunately, most of the current Android applications cannot utilize more than one core at a time even when they are available. Smartbench 2011 will detect and use them when Android OS is configured properly.
2. Some of the test suits have been revamped from Smartbench 2010. File IO tests have proven to be somewhat inconsistent on some manufacturers' phones. Instead, another test has been introduced that will further stress the CPU.
3. Test scores are now automatically submitted! Smartbench 2011 will automatically collect test results and store them in the server DB so that you can view them at a later time.
4. Result chart now fetches data directly from the server! You can now filter and sort results based on your own needs. You will soon have tens of thousands of results to compare against your own!
5. If you are already a donated user of Smartbench 2010, Smartbench 2011 will continue to respect them by removing ads and offering some premium features.
IMPORTANT: Do NOT compare results of Smartbench 2010 against Smartbench 2011 - they are not equvalent! A new baseline has been created, so the scores may appear lower than before.
Note: You will need a working internet connectivity to submit and view other results.
Donated users will benefit with the following:
- No ads
- Results for individual test applications.
- Results history.
- View result chart without needing to run test first.
- (and more later on)
- Some tests may not render correctly on some Honeycomb based tablets. This issue is being looked into.
Smartbench 2011 results are hosted at http://smartphonebenchmarks.com
Last comments from Android Market
Lists my 2.3.3 as 2.2 what's with that?
Sensible results, good to me.
It works, but... The database is a bit of a mess, showing different results for the same devices. My Desire is on v2.3.3, but it was labeled as v2.2. A more consistent and clear results would be bette
I don't think its ready for dual core chips it froze my G2X
It works Yes, a decent benchmark but showing my galaxy SL below the HTC Desire
It works.... O2X
3024 atrix rom gladatrix
SO much more accurate than Quadrant. AND with this app,actual conclusions can be drawn from the scoring.Quadrant Std. tells you nothing but a number!
Does not work with Adfree.