88 ratings (3.602 average)
What's new in this version (0.5.5):
- and many other improvements
Amoeba Text Editor
Amoeba is simple, fast and lightweight text editor.
This is still beta version, feel free to suggest improvements or desirable features.
No adds. Please enjoy :)
- Switching between open files by 'swipe left' or 'swipe right'
- Cut, copy, paste, undo, redo functions
- Precise magnifier with selection editing: exact cursor position
- Search function: use input field or select text for search function
- Custom font type (from system preset fonts) and black / white color scheme
- No extra permissions (only SD-cart access)
Last comments from Android Market
3hrs and 22 text editors later; and I'm settling with Amoeba. Single celled brilliance. Autoscroll would be nice; and black on white font highlighting
No way to select text on Froyo
Work on a more user friendly UI for the save/open dialog, but the undo option earned this app half a star from me. Keep the updates coming! MotoDroid.
Not clear how text selection works
Swype input does not work on the Captivate.
works on a basic level. looking for something more like gedit or jedit.
Does just what I wanted. Create files and edit with copy, cut and paste.
Needs Swype support along with menu+c, v, x support for copy, paste, cut. Epic 4g 2.1 (Galaxy S Pro)
Works great for opening VIM files on evo
Could not open a 5 MB file. Uninstalled.