56 ratings (4.714 average)
What's new in this version (3.3.2):
+ Menus showing lists of groups use a case-insensitive sort. Requested by Steve.
+ Fix a bug when showing using the 'Show Phone Numbers' setting.
+ Emails can be sent using To: and Cc: as well as Bcc: Change this in the main settings.
+ Emails now support more email clients. Thanks to Jim for the bug report.
Thanks to Jon for the feature request.
Search your Contacts - Fast!
The search tool for people who need speed or professionals with large contact databases (tested with over 25,000 contacts)
A very fast contact search tool that indexes the contact search database for superior performance.
====== New in 3.0 ===========
A new way to search within categories to narrow searches down to a specific category. For example, you can search for contacts called Ian who work for Google.
Just swipe right-to-left to access the new form based search screen.
Searches ALL the major contact fields like Contact Lookup Pro, but is an order of magnitude faster.
For example. Searching all categories of 1300 contact records in Contact Lookup Pro takes 1.2 seconds using a HTC Desire.
With Contact Lookup Fast, this is 0.1 seconds!
Fast version contains the same basic functionality as the free Contact Lookup application but adds:
- Select the groups to include in the index. Now you can exclude all the Google Plus people you are following ;-)
- Improved phone number search by default
- Specific category searching
- Search your contact notes
- Search contact events (OS 2.0+)
- Search SIP addresses (OS 2.3)
- Search Gmail custom fields (OS 2.0+)
- Search group names
- Palm like Initial + Surname search, e.g. use "ol" or "ola" to find Osma Bin Laden
- Sort by Surname
- Quickly show all the contacts in a group
- Email/SMS contacts in search results
- Show organisation in the results, rather than search snippet
- Contact photos show in the app screen
- Use SQL wildcards for pattern matching
- Quick launch by long-press on search key
- Automatic search on key press
- Support for larger screens without 'letter boxing'
- Search text is highlighted in Contact View.
- Choose which accounts are to be included in the index, e.g Gmail
- Structured Names
- Nicknames (OS 2.0+)
- Phone Numbers
- SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) Addresses, also know as VOIP addresses. (OS 2.3+)
- Email Addresses
- Website Addresses
- Postal Addresses
- Instant Messaging Addresses
- Organisations (OS 2.0+)
- Contact Events (Birthdays, Anniversaries, etc)
- Contact Notes
- Contact group names
- Custom fields entered via Gmail (labels and data, OS2.0+)
- Custom labels in the standard contact fields are searched too!
See the developers web site for more details and the differences between Contact Lookup Fast and Contact Lookup Pro.
Caching the contact database requires space on the Android device. It will be dependent upon the number and complexity of the contacts, for example
500 contacts requires 0.4MB (5 seconds to build).
1300 contacts requires 1.75MB (20 seconds to build).
Make sure you have enough space on your device or SD card. There appears to be NO noticeable performance loss in having the database on the SD card.
This application uses Google's licensing service which will check every 7 days to validate the license. You will need an internet connection to enable this check. If the check fails, the application will run in reduced functio
Last comments from Android Market
It deserves 10 stars! It is extremely fast compared to android build in search and best of all it can search any contact field!
You need it? This author does his best to add it! Already best search app out there for android. Rapidly becoming best search app out there any OS mob
Best contact app ever! Can instantly search through 6000+ contacts by various fields. Works perfectly on HTC incredible.
Doesn't work, refund please !
Awesome app & developer! Worked w/me until app was PERFECT! Blows away all similar apps. VERY FAST for Contact Look-ups & I have 12,000. Droid x
Outstanding app and developer. Very quick to answer emails and issue bug fixes. Highly recommended.
Blows away stock contact search. Especially if you use notes and other Google fields! Only request would be eventually searching social media contact
It works great. The search time is blazingly FAST even with my 1500+ contacts. Easy to use simply yet complete. A Must Have App!
It didn't have a particular feature I wanted so the developer added it! Now it does palm style searching with initials! I LOVE it!