3 ratings (4.333 average)
Psychiatry is a part of medical sciences, and term used for treatment of various mental disorders and this term was first coined by German physician Johann Christian Reil in 1808. In wider terms it means "medical treatment of the mind".
Psychiatrists are doctors who prescribe drugs to patients. This is because psychiatry is related to mental health only whereas psychology is a broader study of behavior and thought processes and works on therapy and not drugs.
This Glossary is an easy to use app with mostly used 450+ Psychiatry related words and terminology.
- No Internet connectivity required
- Search through our database in alphabetical order
- Search keyword using title and application content
- Add term to your favorite list
- Share the term to your friends and family through email, facebook and twitter
- Change the font size for better reading experience
- View history
- Random display of terms