2 ratings (3.000 average)
What's new in this version (S-Home):
S-Home is a home-screen replacement app designed for older users (55+). It replaces the default Android home screen with a user-friendly “notebook” containing only the most important features. Using S-Home reduces confusion and helps older adults take advantage of the benefits of smartphones, including staying in touch with loved ones and not getting lost.
S-Home makes a great gift. A smartphone-savvy friend or relative can take an Android phone (even an older model), install the app and set up a few contacts and map locations, and give it to the older person to use.
* User interface designed for legibility.
* Resilience to hand tremors and accidental touches: visual and auditory feedback for the touch screen, and key user interface actions have a confirmation step.
* A map that shows your current location and up to five configurable preset locations, preventing the user from getting lost.
* Key contacts shown pictorially at a glance. Touch to call or send text message.
* Quick access to important settings like volume and brightness.
* Works on older devices (Android version 2.1 or greater). A great way to extend the life of an older phone by giving it to a loved one.
* Does not support landscape mode (e.g., Motorola Droid with keyboard)
* English language only
* Supports 5:3 or 16:9 screens with a minimum of 800 pixels high (about 80% of existing Android devices, including LG Optimus, Galaxy S family, Galaxy Nexus, etc.)
* Does not disable the app switcher button on the super-new Galaxy Nexus Android 4.0 phone.
* The About screen shows our contact / feedback email address, but it’s not clickable.