30 ratings (4.167 average)
What's new in this version (2.4):
Updated compatibility to Android 3.2
What FileLinx Does:
• Remote Print from Android to Any printer connected to your PC. No need to change printers or purchase a new one.
• DIRECTLY PRINT - most file types from Android to your PC-connected printer.
• Direct-Connect via Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G! Works from anywhere in the world. No hang-ups or delays in printing.
• Automatically Saves a copy of your print job to your PC
• Supports Multiple Simultaneous Users. Multiple Users can print to one PC-connected network printer.
• Fetch or Send Any File between your Android and a designated folder on a PC:
• Password protected. Safe and secure. Requires User name and Password Login.
• Host Name Support. Never worry about your IP changing.
• Setup in minutes!
What FileLinx WILL NOT do:
• Monitor your Print jobs or file shares. FileLinx does not run through Google’s Cloud Servers. Your PC is your server.
• Charge monthly fees for PC connections. No “Cloud,” no fees.
• Charge any fee for printing. You own the software. We charge nothing extra.
• Limit file size transfers
• Leave our customers without support
Installing FileLinx-now easier than ever!
1) Purchase FileLinx on the Android Market.
2) Download the New PC software from our website. ( It's free).
3) Fill in the box settings in the FileLinx PC software
4) Save settings
5) Click the "WAN Setup" button. (UPnP must be enabled on your router)
6) Go to your FileLinx Android and enter the same settings.
7) Fill in the IP addresses provided by the "IP Checker" button on the PC software.
8) Save settings.
For Quick Start set up instructions please visit:
FileLinx now supports UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) making setup on your PC even easier.
FileLinx operates in two parts: The Android application purchased and installed through the Android Market and the PC-side application which is freely available through our website at www.droidlinx.com.
FileLinx connects directly to a PC in home and public environments using Wi-Fi or 3G/4G.
GUARANTEE: We know that 15 minutes is not enough to evaluate any software which is why we guarantee our application to work or your money back. Rest assured that if you have a problem setting up any part of Filelinx our customer service department guarantees to get you up and running or your money back – no hassles. Visit our website at www.droidlinx.com for guarantee details.
The PC component of the FileLinx system is written in Java, and requires that Java be installed on the PC. Java is free, and is usually present on PC's, visit www.java.com to install it, if necessary.
Last comments from Android Market
Worked fine on 3G. Don’t know why "F" had trouble. Could it be a flaky connection? Great app!
Wont work with 3g, works with wifi though
This app is great. I was able to transfer a half GB movie in five minutes from my pc to phone. I did it from another state! Very cool $6.00.
Works great on Incredible.
Great app! Used quick start, got it going 123. Don't know what Larry's prob. is, but I trans. & print all sorts of files w' no prob. - and fast!
program is a rip off
I really like this app. I only wish I didn't have to use a defined folder on my computer. I wish I could browse the entire c drive for needed files
works as specified on droid x. if it works on wifi and not on 3g you must set up a static ip on your pc, and forward the port through your router 2 pc
Earnest and Dorothy (*****)
Very good app. Excellent IT support. Works on wi-fi and 3G/4G. To work on 3/4G, you must set up port forwarding. Luv it. Would like WiFi without pc
Awesome App! Fabulous response from IT support!!! Everything works perfectly!!!! This is a must have for any IT/gadget guy or girl. Love this app!!!