7085 ratings (3.878 average)
What's new in this version (3.1.4_E):
- Stability improvements
- Resolved issue with the status bar notification that was always telling users to reinstall the application.
- Fixes for reported issues on Android 4.0 (ICS) and 4.1 (Jellybean)
- Polyglot option added to Settings menu
- English polyglot support for Greek and Thai voices
- Minor bug fixes
Did you know that your mobile can speak more than 25 languages?
*** Now with a 2 weeks FREE trial for all voices ! ***
Get the most natural sounding voices for messages, navigation directions, translations, and more.
Classic Text To Speech Engine from SVOX, in combination with our 40+ male/female voices portfolio of 25+ languages, allows you to read aloud texts from your e-book, navigation, translation and other apps.
When combined with TTS-enabled apps, our voices can:
- give directions, allowing you to keep your eyes on the road while you're driving
- read a notification containing the caller / sender's name, and read the content of an incoming call / sms / mms / email
- read aloud your favorite e-books or pdf documents
- help you learn by reading aloud the correct pronunciation
and much more… the possibilities are limitless!
Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com for a list of compatible apps and voice demos.
NEW! Pronunciation correction feature: correct the default output according to your preferences!
The free Classic Text To Speech Engine installs a full fledged TTS engine to your Android and comes with demo mp3's for 40+ voices.
Voice packages can be tried out for 2 weeks FOR FREE, or purchased separately.
Our voices are great with Google Navigation (on Android 2.2 and later), Moon+ Reader PRO, Voice Actions Plus, TalkToMe Classic, Book Speech Audio Books, Transzilla, Good Morning, WakeVoice...
Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com/gallery for more.
Language availability: Arabic (male), Australian English (female), Brazilian Portuguese (female), Canadian French (male/female), Cantonese (female), Czech (female), Danish (female), Dutch (male/female), Finnish (female), French (male/female), German (male/female), Greek (female), Hungarian (female), Italian (male/female), Japanese (female), Korean (female), Mandarin (female), Mexican Spanish (male/female), Norwegian (female), Polish (female), Portuguese (male/female), Russian (male/female), Slovak (female), Spanish (male/female), Swedish (female), Thai (female), Turkish (male/female), UK English (male/female), US English (male/female).
Questions/problems? Visit us!
== INSTRUCTIONS ==
After installing Svox Classic TTS, enable it as follows:
1. Go to Android Settings -> Voice Input & Output -> Text-to-Speech settings.
2. Activate SvoxClassic at the bottom of the screen, then select SvoxClassic as the Default Engine.
3. Open Svox Classic TTS app to browse the voice catalog and download a trial/full voice for your language.
== NOTES ==
1. Google Navigation requires that the Text-to-Speech voice matches the phone language. You can change the phone language in Android Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Select language .
2. On Android 2.1 and earlier, only some apps, like Google Translation, support c
Last comments from Android Market
Works great on Incredible. love the female British voice
Has worked for me with everything I've tried. SGS/Vibrant Onyx 4.2.
Does not save ny settungs. After. Buying voice pack i got the same default voice just sped up. Aftere an email exchange with the dev he could not fix
Turned Desire from a robot to sexy lady....
I got this, bought a voice, I love it but it doesn't want to work sometimes. Usually have to switchto default then back to get it to work. Weird...
The description is missleading.
Sounds good when it actually works. Constantly has to be reenabled.
Great sounding voices. 5-stars if it worked with bluetooth voice dialer
Works well with Google Maps Navigation and Copilot Live. UK English voice a little better than stock Pico. Desire HD 2.2
It says free but the voices cost. It will not even let me buy