94 ratings (3.979 average)
What's new in this version (3.1.4):
- Resolved issue with the status bar notification that was always telling users to reinstall the application.
Did you know that your mobile can speak Mandarin?
Have Yun read aloud texts from your e-book, navigation, translation and other apps in a Mandarin female, high quality and natural-sounding voice powered by SVOX.
When combined with TTS-enabled apps, Yun can:
- give directions, allowing you to keep your eyes on the road while you're driving
- read a notification containing the caller / sender's name, and read the content of an incoming call / sms / mms / email
- read aloud your favorite e-books or pdf documents
- help you learn Mandarin by reading aloud the correct pronunciation
and much more… the possibilities are limitless!
Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com for a list of compatible apps and voice demos.
NEW! Pronunciation correction feature: correct the default output according to your preferences!
== INSTRUCTIONS ==
1. Install and run the voice app once
2. Install free SVOX Classic Text-to-Speech Engine
3. Go to Android Settings -> Voice Input & Output -> Text-to-Speech settings.
Activate SvoxClassic at the bottom of the screen.
Select SvoxClassic as the Default Engine.
4. Run the voice app, click “Continue”, then follow the instructions.
5. Your SVOX Voice main screen will be now visible. Don’t forget to try the new pronunciations correction feature (‘pencil’ icon)!
6. Download other free / paid apps to combine our voice with. For example, you could try: Google Navigation (on Android 2.2 and later, only with Navigation < 5.9), Moon+ Reader PRO, Voice Actions Plus, TalkToMe Classic, Book Speech Audio Books, Transzilla, Good Morning, WakeVoice...
Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com/faq/ for a list of frequently asked questions.
And now … enjoy your new SVOX voice!
== PRONUNCIATION CORRECTION FEATURE - HOW TO ==
1. Run the voice app
2. Click on the ‘pencil’ icon. The pronunciation correction screen will now be shown.
3. Tap on the Android menu key and select ‘Help’
== NOTES ==
1. Google Navigation requires that the Text-to-Speech voice matches the phone language. You can change the phone language in Android Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Select language
Compatible with Google Navigation version < 5.9
2. On Android 2.1 and earlier, only some apps, like Google Translation, support changing voices.
Last comments from Android Market
Awesome new update fixes the problem with the locales. cool :)
Accurate and rate of speech is good. Sometimes she needs to enunciate the words more clearly because they can be hard to decipher.
The speech rate/speed is very fast, this happen when i use tts google translate app, in settings i have set the speed to be very slow, but it doesn't
Purchased December 2010. Only app that I cannot download .No customer service support and no refund. Bewarned
It is a shame that the SVOX line/series of tts hasn't had more success. The voices are A++! App when used correctly is GR8! :-) ! HTC Evo