1031 ratings (4.079 average)
What's new in this version (3.1.4):
- Resolved issue with the status bar notification that was always telling users to reinstall the application.
Did you know that your mobile can speak UK English?
Have Victoria read aloud texts from your e-book, navigation, translation and other apps in a UK English female, high quality and natural-sounding voice powered by SVOX.
When combined with TTS-enabled apps, Victoria can:
- give directions, allowing you to keep your eyes on the road while you're driving
- read a notification containing the caller / sender's name, and read the content of an incoming call / sms / mms / email
- read aloud your favorite e-books or pdf documents
- help you learn English by reading aloud the correct pronunciation
and much more… the possibilities are limitless!
Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com for a list of compatible apps and voice demos.
NEW! Pronunciation correction feature: correct the default output according to your preferences!
== INSTRUCTIONS ==
1. Install and run the voice app once
2. Install free SVOX Classic Text-to-Speech Engine
3. Go to Android Settings -> Voice Input & Output -> Text-to-Speech settings.
Activate SvoxClassic at the bottom of the screen.
Select SvoxClassic as the Default Engine.
4. Run the voice app, click “Continue”, then follow the instructions.
5. Your SVOX Voice main screen will be now visible. Don’t forget to try the new pronunciations correction feature (‘pencil’ icon)!
6. Download other free / paid apps to combine our voice with. For example, you could try: Google Navigation (on Android 2.2 and later, only with Navigation < 5.9), Moon+ Reader PRO, Voice Actions Plus, TalkToMe Classic, Book Speech Audio Books, Transzilla, Good Morning, WakeVoice, Pocket Blonde...
Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com/faq/ for a list of frequently asked questions.
And now … enjoy your new SVOX voice!
== PRONUNCIATION CORRECTION FEATURE - HOW TO ==
1. Run the voice app
2. Click on the ‘pencil’ icon. The pronunciation correction screen will now be shown.
3. Tap on the Android menu key and select ‘Help’
== NOTES ==
1. Google Navigation requires that the Text-to-Speech voice matches the phone language. You can change the phone language in Android Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Select language
Compatible with Google Navigation version < 5.9
2. On Android 2.1 and earlier, only some apps, like Google Translation, support changing voices.
Last comments from Android Market
Better than stock Pico. At its most impressive through tinny phone speaker. Sounds more robotic through car audio. Some odd pronunciations. Desire HD
Agreed a million times better than pico. To set things up you need to check SVOX then you'll be able to switch from pico tts.
Works great if you know how to read instructions. You need to download the main software first. Look at the developers others apps. It's the engine
Works perfectly! Use with classic svox and change the voice settings to that engine, in standard android settings, million times better than pico
Can't seem to get this voice to work over stock. Complete waste of all the time I've spent trying.
Like music to my ears for Navigation! Works brilliantly. MotoDroid.
After downloading the app. I was told to download two more apps. And it does not work. I have the samsung vibrant.don't buy don't download.
I bought it and it stopped working after 30 min. Failed to uninstall and refund. Hope to get it working so it won't be total waste. Samsung vibrant.
STILL not working on samsung galaxy s on eclair 2.1 Uninstalling. Might try again when/if galaxy s gets froyo
She is the voice for my Evo