1070 ratings (3.966 average)
What's new in this version (3.1.4):
- Resolved issue with the status bar notification that was always telling users to reinstall the application.
Did you know that your mobile can speak US English?
Have Grace read aloud texts from your e-book, navigation, translation and other apps in a US English female, high quality and natural-sounding voice powered by SVOX.
When combined with TTS-enabled apps, Grace can:
- give directions, allowing you to keep your eyes on the road while you're driving
- read a notification containing the caller / sender's name, and read the content of an incoming call / sms / mms / email
- read aloud your favorite e-books or pdf documents
- help you learn English by reading aloud the correct pronunciation
and much more… the possibilities are limitless!
Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com for a list of compatible apps and voice demos.
NEW! Pronunciation correction feature: correct the default output according to your preferences!
== INSTRUCTIONS ==
1. Install and run the voice app once
2. Install free SVOX Classic Text-to-Speech Engine
3. Go to Android Settings -> Voice Input & Output -> Text-to-Speech settings.
Activate SvoxClassic at the bottom of the screen.
Select SvoxClassic as the Default Engine.
4. Run the voice app, click “Continue”, then follow the instructions.
5. Your SVOX Voice main screen will be now visible. Don’t forget to try the new pronunciations correction feature (‘pencil’ icon)!
6. Download other free / paid apps to combine our voice with. For example, you could try: Google Navigation (on Android 2.2 and later, only with Navigation < 5.9), Moon+ Reader PRO, Voice Actions Plus, TalkToMe Classic, Book Speech Audio Books, Transzilla, Good Morning, WakeVoice, Pocket Blonde...
Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com/faq/ for a list of frequently asked questions.
And now … enjoy your new SVOX voice!
== PRONUNCIATION CORRECTION FEATURE - HOW TO ==
1. Run the voice app
2. Click on the ‘pencil’ icon. The pronunciation correction screen will now be shown.
3. Tap on the Android menu key and select ‘Help’
== NOTES ==
1. Google Navigation requires that the Text-to-Speech voice matches the phone language. You can change the phone language in Android Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Select language
Compatible with Google Navigation version < 5.9
2. On Android 2.1 and earlier, only some apps, like Google Translation, support changing voices.
Last comments from Android Market
Installed, followed directions, reinstalled, fooled with settings and troubleshooting, rebooted, still nothing. uninstalled and no refund. Hero(froyo)
PPL go into settings and under voice & make sure you select svox. Also U have to switch default from pico to svox and try example. Sounds great DroidX
I've installed this in my incredible and I'm not getting anything. I've checked the settings and the volume. Would appreciate ideas.
Droid X 2.2: works fine until I do a reboot, then I get no sound unless I switch off of svox to pico and back again. What a pain! Please fix.
This is working well on my sprint Evo 4g. She sounds a little muffled sometimes but way better than pico. Keeping it. Btw Love my Evo!
Awesome, when it works. A few times when my phone should have been talking it played nothing. Checked media volume and ringer and both were up...
Ill give a 5 when I can hear the voices. The volume is low and hard to hear
I found it to be muffled, softer and no more emotion or natural sounding than Pico. Refunded. EVO / Froyo.
Much better than robotic stock pico(crap)voice!!
Very well done! Worth the money. Like the voice style nice and easy to understand. Thankyou!