210 ratings (4.657 average)
What's new in this version (3.7.1):
- improve algorithm for saving GPS position
- notification when signal GPS is lost, or when timezone is changed
- now it is possible re-upload trips to server
- add default email for sending GPX files
- fixed several bugs
- more than 10 small improvements
** Please rate us on Android Market if you like this app. It will help us to prepare future updates with new features! ***
Professional geotagging solution - all you need to geotag photos taken by your EXTERNAL camera (DSLR or compact one). Supports JPG & RAW file formats.
* Pixelmania.nl award (Android version) *
* Macworld - Geotagging App Of The Year 2010 (iPhone version) *
* PhotoPlus magazine BEST ON TEST Award! (iPhone version) *
● we have FREE lite version! Try our Geotag Photos without risk for free! Just search for Geotag Photos Lite on Android Market.
● English, German, French and Czech localization
● See application video at http://bit.ly/9cwRdA
● complete geotagging solution - Android application for automatic storing of location data & desktop application for geotagging of pictures. No need to purchase another desktop app!
● can run on background with Android phone in sleep mode
● Android application - tracking of your position, multiple logging modes, working in sleep mode, displays logged track on the map
● Export to GPX standard format - 3 ways how to do this: saving on memory card, by email or from web. No need to have internet or wifi connection for GPX export!
● Geotagging desktop application - Geotag your JPG or RAW files - quick and easily!
● works perfectly on any operating system - Windows, Mac OS X and even Linux
● supported image formats for geotagging: jpg, nef, cr2, crw, dcr, ciff, erf, orf, k25, kdc, mef, mrw, nrw, pef, raf, tif, tiff, raw, arw, rw2, srf, sr2, srw, x3f, dng
This Android app works like GPS Data Logger - it logs your positions during your trip. There are various logging modes, that will fit your needs - continuous mode logs your every change and is best if you need most accurate data, from the other hand time based logging (logs position every few minutes) saves your phone battery.
When you return from your trip, you can synchronize logged data with our desktop application and geotag photos taken by your camera. We support both amateur cameras (compact) and professional ones (DSLR). We also supports geotagging of various RAW formats (.NEF, CRW, CR2 and others). You can also export your logged data to well know and widely used GPX format - in this new version is NOT NECESSARY to upload data to remote server, you have your GPX files always prepared and can find them on phone memory card or you can send them from Android phone by email.
few ideas how to use Geotagged photos:
- use Places function of modern viewing applications (Picasa, iPhoto, Aperture) to see your photos on map
- find your photos by place (for example find quickly all photos from New Your in your Photo library)
- upload Geotagged photos to social sites (flickr.locr or so)
Let us know what you would like to see on the next version – we’ll be happy to implement it into new version of Geotag Photos for you!
Visit our website for more information! Visit our blog at http://www.geotagphotos.net/blog for news.
- Android 1.6 or above with GPS chip (most of devices)
- operating system with Java 1.6 installed (it is already installed on Mac OS X 10.6, free for download for Windows / Linux). Doesn't work with non-intel Mac OS X 10.5.
q: how much it will drain my battery?
a: depending on logging mode, that you choose and on concrete device. If you choose reasonable logging mode (
Last comments from Android Market
Works fine on droid x
Works well on my Samsung Galaxy.
Does what it says on the tin works flawlessly with my HTC desire
Great app. Works as described. Responsive helpful developer!
Easy and an excellent app! This completes my Nikon D60.
Superb. Works easily and without fault on HTC Desire and with Canon EOS 7D raw photos.
Works very well, the desktop software works really well and is quite fast at geotagging loads of images.
So far, so good. Works well on a Defy. Had to install Oracle / Sun Java on Ubuntu for photo tagging app to behave as the default open source Java stack wouldn't run it.
Excellent idea! I'll be using it on my upcoming cruise to Belize, Costa Maya, and Honduras. Kudos!