14 ratings (3.571 average)
What's new in this version (1.0):
Intial Beta Release
This is a BETA release. Please note that there are some known issues that are explained on our issues page as well as below.
This is the official Android TekPub video player. Known issues with the player are listed below.
Built from the TekPub.com Android Series on TekPub
The code provided here is the actual code that is written during the TekPub.com Android Series. Feel free to fork the code on github (github.com/tekpub/introductiontoandroid), download, etc. Comments are welcome. :)
The current code, compiled will run on Android devices as well as the XOOM tablet. You can watch TekPub videos once you log in.
- Bug Tracking
Bug tracking is available from within the app on the menu or you can visit the issues page, here on our github project (github.com/tekpub/introductiontoandroid) to report an issue with the app that you find.
When you do find an issue, please provide the following:
* Are you a TekPub customer (do you have an account with access to any paid content)? eg: Yes, I have a yearly sub. [or] Yes I bought the Git series and Android series.
* What device and OS version are you running? eg. - Nexus One w/ Android OS version 2.3
* At the time of the error, what was your wireless connection? eg: Edge, 3g, 4g, roaming, wifi, no signal, etc.
* What you were doing. eg.- I was trying to watch the MVC2 Video, episode 2.
* What happened? eg - The app said I could not watch the video on the vide page.
* What you were expecting to happen. eg: I should be able to watch the video.
* Additional Notes (Anything extra we should know?) eg: This only happens when I press the Home key and the power button at the same time.
- Custom ROMS
I am not supporting custom roms at this time because of the lack of time that I have. However, if you'd like to contribute to this source code please fork it, hack on it a bit, then send a pull request.
Known Issues (that are being worked on)
- Some older videos do not play (WP7, EF4, and a few others)
- Open Source videos do not stream nor play
- You sometimes have to refresh the productions after initial login to get access to your videos.
- A full list of issues can be found here: github.com/tekpub/IntroductionToAndroid/issues
Please report issues if you find them! Thanks!