117 ratings (3.667 average)
What's new in this version (1.0.5):
* Added LGX radar (Langley Hill, WA)
* Fixed several bugs that could lead to FCs.
* General code clean-up, including networking and mosaic handling.
Browse various US National Weather Service radar sites over Google Maps and view animated radar images.
* User selectable declutter filter (removes fog/mist)
* Supports nine different NWS radar products
* View the static US national mosaic
* View multiple concurrent radar sites
* Both map and satellite view
See http://tinfoilninja.com/redsky/quickstart.html for the quickstart guide.
A long press on the either the radar load button or the mosaic button will initiate a reload of that object.
Requires Coarse Location, Internet and Network State permissions.
At any given time specific radars may not be accessible or may serve old data.
If you experience problems, please send an email with details to email@example.com.
Certain devices may not be capable of supporting 3 simultaneous radars as well as the mosaic. Reducing the number of loaded frames might help.
Last comments from Android Market
Love this app. Works great with DroidX.
No, if the app is worthy, I will donate directly, and continue to block ads.
Only shows a blank map and its raining in Seattle!
The best weather radar for android. Thanks.
Very good job on this!!love it
Want load radar
Not bad. Better than radar now but similar to weatherbug and weather channel and below iphone alot. Add different products.
Needs to have zoom in and out added.
Force closed the first time using it. Droid Eris
Works great! Needs a key to understand some of the different colors of the radar echoes.