1347 ratings (3.717 average)
What's new in this version (1.43):
- fixed bug in BatteryMinder stats output
v1.42 - many enhancements!
- New option: keep data while screen on. Prevents data disconnect while you browse.
- BatteryMinder (experimental) - displays battery stats like BetterBatteryStats and CPUSpy to help you find battery hogs
- New notification and list icons
- Holo theme for newer devices
- Easier to understand mode titles
- Ability to go online/offlin
BatteryFu extends battery life (and lowers data usage) by changing always-on mobile/wifi data to periodic sync (meaning it disables your mobile data and/or Wifi, then checks your accounts every X minutes).
Also great for tablet use to keep accounts sync'd even when the tablet is in sleep/standby. Normally accounts won't sync due to WiFi going to sleep (see "WiFi sleep policy").
There are lots of other battery savers on the market, but this one has been around since 2010, and has no ads or spyware (see permissions).
* Lean and fast (see download size!)
* Work for all networks (CDMA/GSM) from Gingerbread up
* Notification icon: lets you switch modes even while inside another app.
* Data while screen is on, with screen off delay
* Data while charger is plugged in
* Pre-defined modes: Travel mode, Online mode, Offline mode, Night mode, etc.
* BatteryMinder shows battery stats, like usage during screen off, kernel wakelocks, etc.
* 3rd party app support (using intents) so that you can control BatteryFu from your own app. Email me for details.
* Do not move to SD
* Do not task kill
* Disable before un-installing
* If your battery drains more than about 10% overnight with Night mode on, then something else is draining your battery. Uninstall some apps and/or reboot.
Tips for even better battery life:
* Select "2g networks only" in Android settings
* Turn off "Network notification" under Wifi settings
* Uninstall apps if your phone is running out of RAM (e.g. slow to get to homescreen or switch apps)
* If your battery life is out of control, reset phone to factory defaults, install BatteryFu and be amazed! Then slowly re-install some apps
* Do not put apps on SD card if they run in the background. SD card access drains battery.
* Some Samsung devices drain battery overnight after Maps/Navigation is used (even with GPS off). Turning off "Use wireless networks" under Location settings and rebooting seems to help. You will see this as a long "gps" wakelock in BatteryMinder.
See website for more information, if you have problems, or would like to donate. Email for support, I don't check comments.
Similar apps: JuiceDefender, GreenPower, ApnDroid, BetterBatteryStats, CPUSpy
Tested and works great on: HTC Dream (G1), HTC Hero, Huawei Ideos U8150, Archos Internet Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy S3
Last comments from Android Market
Great app. Freezez my lg intouch max all the time. Please fix
made it last through the school day but doesnt last for 4 days.-g1
A life saver on phones with poor batteries like HTC Desire hd.
This app really allows my battery to last all day (usually). x10 mini Android 2.1
Works good for night tine only
This didn't seem to save any battery at all!
It's been great with evo...
So far so good I see other Sprint users saying it stopped working but I have a HTC hero & its working wonders went out @ 11 am now 6 full battery
FIX WIDGET. Kinda saves battery life...
Try battery fu saver and green power saver ay the same time...CHARM.Went from7 to about four then dead now two full days!