249 ratings (3.699 average)
What's new in this version (5.4.3):
- Intelligent JPEG sharing: share scans all at once with apps that support it, and one at a time with apps that don't.
- Popup selector with quick access to color, contrast, and brightness settings.
- Bug fix for Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).
"If you want to become a paperless business, spend the extra dollar [for Droid Scan]"-- Pursuit Mag.
Droid Scan is a mobile app that turns your phone or tablet into a portable document scanner. With Droid Scan you can transform images captured with your camera into professional multi-page PDF documents in just a few clicks.
** Please try free version first (Droid Scan Lite).
Droid Scan Pro has these unique, state of the art features:
- Batch processing, including turbo capture and batch convert, so that multi-page documents can be created with just a few taps.
- Document shape recognition, for perfectly shaped, professional-looking scans in standard formats like US Letter, US Legal, A4, A3, etc.
- Support for architectural and engineering paper sizes.
- Ultra high resolution scans that preserve most of the pixels in the original photo after conversion and enhancement.
- Built-in integration with OCR by Google Drive.
- Compatible with OCR by Evernote and Google Goggles.
- Built-in integration with Box OneCloud.
- Compatible with most cloud storage providers including Box and Dropbox.
Turn your mobile phone into a document scanner that goes where you go. Convert any snapshot into a highly readable JPEG or PDF by fixing geometry, contrast, and color.
Record business cards, white boards, full page documents, and receipts. On-phone conversion: complete confidentiality, no subscription fees.
Multiple resolutions available from low-res, suitable for quick sharing via email, to highest fidelity reproductions suitable for OCR and printed copy.
Automatic recognition of document shapes like US Letter, A4, Business card, and more.
Easy creation of multi-page PDF documents and ZIP files using the built-in scan gallery.
Share via Gmail, Box, Dropbox, and many more.
** Scanning sensitive documents? You're safe. See detailed information about privacy: http://goo.gl/7Kg5v
What permissions are used for:
TAKE PICTURES AND VIDEOS: Pictures are actually taken with the Android Camera (or a third-party camera app if you install one), but this permission indicates that a hardware camera is required.
FULL INTERNET ACCESS: Uploading images to a web service; sending anonymous statistics about app use to Google Analytics.
MODIFY/DELETE USB STORAGE CONTENTS MODIFY/DELETE SD CARD CONTENTS: Saving scans on the SD card.
VIEW WI-FI STATE/VIEW NETWORK STATE: Checking for an Internet connection before attempting to upload images to a web service.
Last comments from Android Market
Would give 5 *, but it's unclear to me about my privacy and what exactly this app broadcast over internet
Works very well. The OCR works great with evernote.
Nice app. Edge finding is often very inaccurate otherwise it works like a charm on my Droid. Combined with evernote its a must have.
getting better ...how bout a high rez icon that doesn't look fuzzy on the droid x and the tab!
Good, but not worth the price.
You should allow the option to store the data or program on the "SD CARD" on android mobile phones! Your program takes too much space on main memory!
The latest update broke some things. Rotate doesn't work now. And new scans are added at the BOTTOM of the scan list; I have to skip through pages.
Edge detective is poor but its nice that I can select my own edges. Preferences don't work. And it deleted scans after 6 scans. Refunded. On Nexus1
Samsung captivate: force close everytime after OCR but b4 import 2 goggles. Uninstall/refund
Apparently the pdf is able to be viewed and its an issue with the Android readers.