1717 ratings (4.568 average)
What's new in this version (0.5.5):
- Fix for missing dictionaries during installation.
- Fix for FC during install cancellation
Note: If these were not a problem for you, you can skip this update.
I have no time to continue developing the app.
If it doesn't work for you, please try an alternative solutions:
Kabuto Japanese Dictionary
Makimono Japanese Dictionary
JED is an offline Japanese Dictionary.
- If your app stopped working, please try to delete the jed folder on your sd card and re-install the app from scratch.
- The server is under heavy load, download might get slow.
Please be patient and retry.
- The app works offline once the dictionary files are downloaded, BUT sends analytics data (Google) if wifi is available!
- User data ( tags! ) gets deleted when updated!
- Works offline
- Search and view results as you type!
- Multiple dictionaries ( English-Japanese, French-Japanese, Spanish-Japanese )
- Search in readings (romaji), meanings (english) and japanese (kanji, hiragana and katakana)
- Search results can contain words, expressions, kanji (both onyomi and kunyomi) and inflected form for adjectives and verbs.
- Filters results based on content type (meaning, reading, character type, parts of speech, common words, common kanji)
- Radicals lookup
- tags (vocabulary list) with possibility to search and export to Google Docs and Anki.
- Animated Stroke Order Diagrams for kanji
- Copy-Paste for most of the field and a notepad to gather information
- Move to SD card (above 2.2)
Status of future features:
- Improved accuracy (done)
- New data (done)
- New icon (done)
- Night/day mode (done)
- Tags don't get deleted during update (done)
- Fix FC on ICS (done, but not tested on real device)
- Remove analytics as android console provide enough information (done)
- Long press on menu to create shortcuts on home (done)
- Fix errors reported on Android error console (done)
- Integration with Android search (done)
- Switch romaji on/off (done)
- Configurable word and kanji view (done)
- Furigana for example sentences (done)
- New UI (75% - see pictures)
- Hand writting kanji recognition (80% - works, partial UI)
- Fix export ( 0% )
- Electronic Dictionaries Research Groups
keywords: japanese offline dictionary, 英和辞典, learn japanese, study tool, learn kanji
Last comments from Android Market
@Apo: I do not have the resources for that. Note: the dictionaries are split into small parts.Once done with one, JED won't try to download it again!
Very useful, updates would be nice, though.
Make dictionary files available online Required data files should be made available online for direct download and transfer to sd card. Attempts to download and install through the phone keep failing/get interrupted.
Great app! But it would be flawless if the example sentences had furigana. Please add this feature (^з^)-☆
Very useful! :3
Simply put great everything I need for class
Sverre H. (*****)
How to *cough* clear the search history?
Verb conjugation and lexical cat. a big +. E-to-J search seems weak ("sea" did not give "うみ").J-to-E solid. Needs furigana in ex. sentences.
Igor Mello Diniz (*****)
Amazing app! Just as good as Apple's Kotoba!