296 ratings (4.544 average)
What's new in this version (2.0.1):
• User controllable alerts - Allow the selection of all alerts or just critical alerts
• Single activity scrolling menu
• Bug fixes
WFMY News 2 is proud to announce a full featured weather app for Android.
• Highly responsive interactive map optimized for 3G and WiFi performance
• Vertical and horizontal map display with looping
• NOWrad, the gold standard for radar in the weather industry
• Highest resolution satellite cloud imagery available
• Exclusive patent pending Road Weather Index
• Color coded weather alerts arranged by severity
• Fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Integrated compass overlay
• Most accurate 10 day forecasts with both daily and hourly detail
• Ability to easily save your favorite locations
• Full featured and user tested
• Weather Widget for unlock page
• Earthquake Plotting
• Storm Track Plotting
• Tropical Track Plotting
• Status bar alert acknowledgement
• Alerts over map on/off switch in settings
• Additional Small Widget
• Widget Configuration (Daily or Hourly view)
• Watch/Warning (Alert) boxes on map.
• Spanish language support; NOTE: Language used in the app will reflect the overall language being used for the device
• Ability to acknowledge Alerts from within the app
• Audio, LED, and vibrate for Alert Notifications
• Feature tips to help users more fully take advantage of app features
Last comments from Android Market
Wish buttons for apparently were a little larger otherwise its great.
Great! Droid x
This app is great except for the lack of options you can control, especially dealing with notifications.
I am loving this app I work outside and need to see ware the rain is at all times
This app sucks. It takes for ever and a day to connect to the network. And out puts and un wanted icon on my notifications bar. Don't download it.
Great app, but uninstalling because it runs constantly and you can't control it like the weather bug. It is annoying!
Very Handy because its keepn me upated because we are under a tornado watch so while were in a safe place we can still be updated!!!!!!
Useful for tracking storms. Solid map. Would give it 5 stars if you could make it stop polling for new data without uninstalling it.
Like it and great detail, but uninstalling because there is no way to close it when I'm not using.