55 ratings (3.564 average)
What's new in this version (1.63):
- adjustments for tablets
- switch to landscape mode possible now
- new layout
- bug fixes
Learn or improve Morse code with Morse Trainer.
If you are a ham radio (amateur radio) operator or just want to learn morse code.
With a lot of settings it is very comfortable to adjust Morse Trainer to your current level.
The following settings are available:
- Frequency (200 - 2200Hz
- Waveform (sine / triangle)
- Fading (to reduce click at the end of a dot or dash)
- Speed (2Wpm - 52Wpm) (disabled in light version)
- Spacing (spacing between dots or dashes) (disabled in light version)
- Dot-Dash Ratio (length ratio of dashes compared to dots)
- Letter Spacing (Space between letters)
- Word Spacing (Space between words)
Five different learning modes are available in Morse Trainer
- Random groups of five: Morse Trainer will play groups of five randomly selected letter, numbers or special characters. Those characters can be individually selected. If you want to learn just "s","i" and "e" just select the 3 letters and Morse Trainer will create groups of 5 with those 3 letters.
- Real ham radio callsigns: Morse Trainer will randomly play real callsign from a database of 5000 callsigns which appeared in Contests over the last couple of years.
- Qso texts: Morse Trainer will play randomly play QSO text. The database consists of 300 different qso texts.
- Most common English words: Morse Trainer will play randomly the 500 most used English words.
- Own text: Enter your own text and Morse Trainer will play it over and over again.(disabled in light version)
Morse Trainer light has some restriction. The full version is available on Android Market.
Last comments from Android Market
Should be able to send common words and should support international characters. Uninstalled.
It's great to help me learn to recognise morse code, but doesn't allow me to tap the code myself. I'd like the app to test my ability to tap code.
Absolute best Morse code application on Android!!! Lots of settings.Perfect for learning Morse code. I bought the full version right away.
Personally I love CW (morse code). It's a dying art of wireless communications...but I adore this app to stay up to speed.
Great app. Lots of settings and features.
Works just as stated. Highly recommended.
From the description I was expecting an interactive Morse code trainer. This seems to actually be more of a noninteractive demonstration.
It has been a VERY long time since I was KA1KYZ. Sure wish this app had existed then,then again cellphones didn't exist back then either.Fantastic app
Too confusing to figure out
Lots of great features especialy in the paid version. Happy QSO's to all! 73