1069 ratings (3.753 average)
What's new in this version (4.2.1):
- Screen Saver fix.
- Reduced Ad footprint to address concerns from some users regarding blocked controls.
- Corrected menu inflate on some devices.
- Corrected touch on start on some devices.
- Rebuilt to support Android 4.0+ (Ice Cream Sandwich) LED.
- Multi-line text support.
- Updated button control layout.
Find your way in the dark, or be found! Original Droid interactive light, flashlight, and sign-board. Simply TAP screen to open controls. New York Times "10 Must Have Android Apps" honorable mention, http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/02/technology/personaltech/02smart.html: "DroidLight (free; it’s a flashlight, a strobe light or a message board in a crowded club — indispensable)."
User friendly interactive UI. Easier and more intuitive interface than competitors. Just a few clicks instead of many. Use at theaters, clubs, bars, graduations, and other dark areas. Use light for astronomy, stargazing, reading, viewing maps, finding lost/dropped articles, color marker in a crowded room, hailing a cab/taxi, and general sign board. Excellent night light. Uses device camera LED as a flashlight/torch. Requires permissions to access camera flash. Will NOT take pictures or use camera lens!
Sign feature great at airports or terminals when picking up guests. Shuttle and limo drivers, no need to carry around a pen and paper for name signs anymore.
Many other publishers have used the "Droid Light" name. This is the original. A must have app if you frequently club, got to theaters, or simply go out with friends. Thousands of happy active users.
Also available ad-free. Search for Droid Light.
Looking for just a LED light? Try Droid Light Lite. Search for "Droid Light Lite."
- Flashlight, Light, and Torch (Screen or most Camera LEDs)
- Multi-Color Screen Light with interactive adjustment interface
- Variable Screen Light Strobe with interactive adjustment interface
- Digital Billboard/Messaging/Text Sign
- Simulated emergency style light for parties (not intended to impersonate police)
- Quick screen color preset buttons
- Screen Brightness Control
- Flickering Candle for concerts or other events
- Optimized for Android v2.2 or later
- Allows installation/movement to device SD Card
- Process stops/ends on exit so as to not use battery or device resources
Please leave positive feedback.
This app may be used as a light, color light, torch, search light, spot light, night light, area light, and flashlight for the production of colors, sign boards, message boards, messages, digital signs, dynamic signs, police style lights, emergency lights, strobe (as in a strobe light), and disco lights.
It may be used at concerts, arena, and theaters as a marker, beacon, location marker. It is also useful for astronomy and stargazing.
Again, this has been copied by other developers and named "DroidLight", (single word), however those imitations are not of the same quality or functionality.
Visit us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/X2Ware.
X2-Ware does not collect, share, or use any personal information from your mobile device or provided to us via our Facebook fan page or checkout.
Last comments from Android Market
The Javz (*****)
Simple light app. Intuitive. Love the white light mode, and multi-color selection for finding people in dark clubs or theaters.
Has ads. Better ones w/o ads out there. Like Color Flashlight better.
System status says this is using 90% of my battery even when I haven't used it since last power on. Removing.
Great little app. Perfect for those phones without led lights
It doesn't make sounds on my phone just light. HTC Aria
Great app. Totally configurable. The sound can totally be turned off. Not sure why others can't figure it out.
Garbage. Strobe selector makes insanely loud click that can't be disabled, 'message board' limited to 15 chr and doesn't scroll, ads show over strobe.
Do not like new sound! No way to turn it off!