2 ratings (3.500 average)
What's new in this version (1.3.1):
- (hopefully) fixed a bug where scrolling inverted the state of a CheckBox. @Nick: thanks for letting me know
- ICS: introduced workaround for Ice Cream Sandwich. App is now compatible. Don't forget to update after selecting directories
- added a dark theme (choose from settings)
- fixed a bug: unselecting all dire
>>Initial donate version release due to several requests. No ads, just a single permission<<
>>Now works on Android Ice Cream Sandwich. It's a workaround to an Android OS bug but it works...<<
Exclude certain directories from the Gallery. Re-index the Gallery at will.
>>WON'T WORK ON MANY MOTOROLA DEVICES AND THOSE DEVICES THAT BRING A DIFFERENT GALLERY. SORRY, CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT THOSE<<
>>There seems to be a bug on certain devices/OS versions. Find out on http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3692. Use the app at your own risk <<
Many apps create folders on the sd-card and drop their stuff there. Often, they place images as well. Now that Android checks the sd-card for new media from time to time, these folders will be added to the media database and displayed in the stock Gallery app.
Gallery Excluder lists all direct subdirectories of '/sdcard' respectively '/mnt/sdcard' and displays them in a list. If an item/directory gets checked a '.nomedia' file is placed in that directory. If the directory gets unchecked the '.nomedia' file is removed.
Since it can take a while to have the gallery update you can also force a manual update via options menu.
When excluding a folder, all media in that folder (e.g. photos, music, videos) will be excluded from some apps. The stock music player, for example, will not find music in any folder you chose to exclude. If you've excluded a folder that contains media for another app, simply uncheck that folder and your media will return. However, some music players like Poweramp will still see your music. Give it a shot.
Some people report that this app is not working on their devices, e.g. Motorola Atrix and Defy (I'm afraid this is a general Motoblur issue that kicks in for most Motorola devices) and some custom roms. Since I only have a single device to test with I cannot say anything about it. However, if you provide some detailed information I can try to fix it. Thank you.
What is the permission for?
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: required to place a file in selected directory on sd-card
- This is an initial release that may contain bugs since it's been tested only on very few devices. If you encounter any glitches, drop me an email instead of voting down. I'll try to fix it.