813 ratings (3.632 average)
What's new in this version (0.86.04):
VCMI crashes when trying to save or load game.
Free engine to run Heroes of Might and Magic 3 game.
Requires original game data files to run, large 800x480 screen, 256 Mb RAM and fast CPU.
It is still beta, and crashes very often.
Only hotseat mode is supported, because AI works only in battles.
To launch it:
- Launch VCMI once, it will create directory on SD card and exit
- Install Heroes 3: Complete, or Heroes 3: Shadow of Death on your PC - English version only, Russian not supported. You may buy it from http://gog.com, however VCMI is still unusable, so I do not recommend spending money on the game.
- Install free Wake of Gods addon, from http://www.maps4heroes.com/heroes3/files/allinone_358f.zip
- Copy all game files to your SD card to directory app-data/eu.vcmi
- Launch VCMI again. If it won't run install aLogcat or CatLog app from market, and check it's output - most probably VCMI is missing some file.
- I WILL not provide any support. Please do not spam VCMI forums either.
- VCMI requires large screen, if you'll launch it on Spica or X10 Mini - it's your fault, so don't complain.
- If you are hardcore C++ coder with lot of free time - you can grab the sources from VCMI forums.
Last comments from Android Market
Any ideas on how to fix crash? I followed the instructions and it seems to be crashing, is there any other things I can do that might get it to work? Looking good though, very promising. Definite 5-Star when I get it working
Ignore Brandon, and please, keep the releases coming.
Brandon, are you minor retarded? Its being worked on, so don't rate 1/5. Christ...
Will not run on droid x, keeps crashing back to home screen
Looling good, no longer crashes on start up
I give 5stars for idea. But -2 cuz not finished work. Crushing on home screen all the time. Dhd
Can you upload the files to somewhere? It forcecloses, probably missing a file
Hell Yeah! Heroes III FTW! Many thanks for the game and keep the marvelous work. Xperia Arc.