813 ratings (4.193 average)
What's new in this version (188.8.131.52):
Minor fix release
- Fix gap in news entry when content is hidden
- Make center crop (full width thumbnails) optional
-- Scrollable RSS reader widget --
* NOT yet compatible with honeycomb and ice cream sandwich stock launchers* (i'm working on it).
* do not install on SD! *
Please be sure to read the change log below and to understand the nature of the changes before commenting.
Please read this short text!
Version 1.4.4 introduced an option to ignore images smaller than a given size (default is 150px). If you cannot load thumbnails, please check that option (in main settings).
DO NOT USE the market comment feature to report issues. Please rather report any issue either via mail or via the dedicated xda thread and provide the faulty urls and as many details as possible to allow me to investigate the issue, without that information i cannot fix anything. I will not investigate issues reported via the market comment feature. Thanks!
Older versions are also linked in the "About" section (accessible via the contextual menu).
1. Since 184.108.40.206, this widget supports GReader and news sharing through the Scrollable News Addons.
2. Default and shared preferences are accessible either through the SNW application in app drawer or through the "Main settings" option in the contextual menu (menu hard button).
- Scrollable widget
- Multiple instances and sizes
- Appearance customization
- Multiple layouts
- OMPL Import/export to SD
- Feed color discriminant
- Simple thumbnail support
- Feed lookup (browsing the target)
- Feed search (using googleapis)
- Simple addon support
- GReader integration with Scrollable News Addon
0. Zeam doens't support Scrollable API since version 2.9.0. Thus this widget cannot work with Zeam anymore.
1. 1.4.0 introduces a simple addon support. GReader is integrated as an addon (since 220.127.116.11)
2. Since 1.3.3, refresh can be triggered either by clicking the title directly or by using the ongoing notification.
3. This widget requires a launcher that supports the Scrollable Widget API. Examples: Launcher Pro, ADW, Go Launcher. Please make sure that scrollable widget support is enabled in your launcher preferences. This widget has been tested against ADW, LP and GO Launcher on HTC Desire (froyo 2.2.1) and Motorola Defy (eclair 2.1-u1).
4. Reporting issues in the market comments is of no use. Please use the dedicated xda thread.
5. Please realize that the simple fact that your most wanted feature is not implemented doesn't necessarily makes the application crappy.
6. Insane thumbnail settings may not be handled gracefully (for instance: 10 feeds, 120 max news entries, thumbnail size: 180). Although i tried to handle that issue properly on the widget side, you may still experiment FC or awful lag in such cases.
Please see the xda thread for full version history.
Last comments from Android Market
Why doesn't this work on the droid 2 stock launcher?
gReader support please. And my news is always "loading"but nothing happening. :(
Don't like the idea of showing the author instead of the feeds name. That kill it for me since I want to know where the article are from.
It's fantastic! Works nicer than the HTC news widget (except the google reader integration) Just that the refresh button is difficult to hit.
Working again. still want notification support
Love this. It works perfectly, looks sleek and sexy. All feeds load when I include http:// in url. Thumbnails look great. Updates better and better
Nice widget, only some feeds wont load, as mentioned in the description. And maybe make text contour, like around the picture.
Great scrollable news widget. Tyvm
Very good. Wish my Evos adreno 200 didn't suck but mostly lag free. Works great on android 2.3.
Dirty Don (****)
Good alternative to htc news widget.