4 ratings (4.250 average)
What's new in this version (0.5):
- Use ICS Holo (Sherlock) theme.
- Generalise functionality to support multiple "Stay In Touch" modes; with two presets built in: Friends and Prayers.
- Updates to internal code and the user interface to allow for custom modes.
"Stay In Touch" is a neat social utility application that I wrote to help me remember to correspond with my friends whilst busy with my PhD; and I upload it into the market in the hope that it might be of service to others as well. I was unable to find a suitable simple application for this in the market.
The basic premise is that you have some friends with whom you want to stay in touch, who you don't see in day-to-day living; and are hence liable to be forgotten. In this application, there is a list of people with whom you wish to remain in contact, each sorted by who most needs your attention. Associated with each person is the maximum number of days that you want to go without contacting them. After this number of days is complete, the contact entry will turn orange. If you have not corresponded with them in twice the number of days specified, their entry will turn red. When you do correspond with them, you just tap that entry, and the time since you have contact them is reset.
[The number shown below the person's name is the normalised amount of attention that they have been receiving; which is computed using a Gaussian decay with standard deviation equal to the number of days specified.]
Possible future features (if I have time):
- Add notifications when contacts need attention
- Integrate with Android contacts to simplify person adding and contacting