25486 ratings (4.356 average)
What's new in this version (1.4.3):
- v1.4.3 : roll and pitch.
- v1.4.2 : Non-camera devices support.
- v1.4.1 : Sensor Reaction controller.
- v1.4.0 : Acceleration sensor on/off setting.
- v1.3.5 : Landscape and Portrait mode.
Smart Compass is in the 3rd set of the Smart Tools collection.
This compass is a tool to search bearings using the built-in magnetic sensors. It has 3 significant features.
1. Although you may turn the phone into portrait or landscape mode, the heading is fixed.
2. The Camera's view is used for reality.
3. Metal Detector(magnetic field) is included to verify the sensors.
The compass app depends on the performance of your device exactly. If it is inaccurate, please check that you aren't being affected by a magnetic field. Also, there are several options to calibrate your device.
* Pro version added features:
- Sending GPS information via SMS and Email
- Full metal detector
- True north
- Vertical line for Lensatic Compass
- Various Coordinate Types (UTM)
- Military Coordinate (MGRS, mil unit)
- No ads, No connection
* Do you want more tools?
Get [Smart Compass Pro] and [Smart Tools] package.
For more information, see the manual, Youtube video and the blog. Thank you.
Last comments from Android Market
Rather accurate. Gorges battery. Does not close on Wildfire. Had to remove battery to shut down.
Not at all accurate tested the accuracy with a real compass not even close not worth installing
Superb. I installed Smart Tools to get all his apps, worth the $1.99 fer shur.
Android Boy (*****)
the best magnetic value is 49-50.
Nice that it doesn't need internet, but a HUGE battery drain. Plus didn't match the car compass so I'm not sure it works.
George Bremner (***)
Good, but uses a LOT of battery
Still needs app2sd
Currently only shows magnetic north, needs true north option. Needs warning of inaccuracy when phone is held in portrait, mode is landscape.