8 ratings (4.500 average)
From the creators of Secret Message (message encryption) apps, comes another gem! Photo encryption with Secret Message Photo!
A simple application that encrypts a given image with a given key/passcode, and just as easily decrypts a given encrypted image with the same key, which helps you keep your private photos safe from prying eyes. If you don't have the right key to decode the encrypted image, then you won't be able to see it. AES cipher algorithm is used to encode the image file, resulting in very secure file encryption that helps you keep your private photos safe from prying eyes.
Upgrade to Secret Message Pro and you get:
- No ads
- Text encryption
- Newest features available for Pro owners first. Currently include:
- Stealth Mode (hide the app)
- Settings menu
- Feedback option
Here's how you use it:
1. Agree on a secret key with your friend/co-worker/lover/cat.
2. Select an image file you want to encrypt from either the photo gallery or another location on your phone/tablet (photos taken by camera are typically located in /sdcard/DCIM/Camera/, but may differ for your mobile device).
3. Click 'Encrypt'. And your newly encrypted image file should be saved to /sdcard/SecretMessage/ (may differ for your mobile device) with a '.smei' extension.
4. Then send your encrypted/encoded image file, and tell the other person to decrypt it with this app and using the same key. Decrypted image files are also saved to /sdcard/SecretMessage/ (may differ for your mobile device).
To decrypt a file received from someone, open Secret Photo app and select the file by browsing to it via Other Location button.
Image encryption or decryption not working? Always make sure that you have the latest (most up-to-date) version of the app. Still not working? Please tell us - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send us your suggestions, questions and bug reports. We would love to make this your ideal secure messaging app! Please feel free to email us at email@example.com.