59429 ratings (4.442 average)
What's new in this version (5.2.1):
Several bugs fixed:
- Freezes occurred on some devices when loading History or creating QR codes
- Error produced when creating some QR codes
- Flashlight not being turned off on some devices
- FC produced on some devices when 'Beep' was enabled
- Auto open after scanning QR codes containing Web addresses, Contacts and others. You can modify this behavior on 'More' > 'Settings' > 'Default act
<b>LIMITED TIME ONLY</b> – QR Droid Completely Ad Free
<b>NEW! Add QR Droid widgets</b> - Get the most from QR Droid! http://0.qr.ai
<b>New! Visit the revamped QR Droid web-site and blog</b> (http://www.qrdroid.com).
Use your camera to scan a QR code in a magazine and watch a video immediately! Create a code from a Contact or Bookmark in your phone, let a friend scan it & get your info transferred!
5/5 stars from Android Magazine Germany!
<i>If you can't find, update or download QR Droid from Android Market, direct download installable APK here:</i>
<b>WHAT IS A QR CODE?</b>
It's the 'evolution' of normal barcodes. They can hold more information and are more flexible. QR codes can be used to share Contact information, links, geo-locations and more.
<b>HOW TO SCAN A QR CODE?</b>
• Open QR Droid
• Center QR code in your camera's viewfinder. QR Droid will start scanning immediately. (Some devices need as much as 3 feet between the code and the camera, to be able to focus)
• Scanned information will be shown, without pressing anything
QR Droid has the <b>best previewer</b>. If scanned QR code had a link to a YouTube video, you'll see video's image, title and duration, immediately! If it has a geo-location, you'll see a mini Google Map; and so on.
<b>HOW TO SHARE INFORMATION</b>
• Open QR Droid
• Touch button "<i>Create</i>", followed by any option, according to what you want to share
• Follow on-screen instructions until you see a QR code
• Show that QR code to a friend. He'll be able to scan it with his camera from your screen, and get shared information!
• <i>INTERNET</i>: QR Droid lets you decode from a QR code in Internet, given its URL
• <i>ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE</i>: You can set QR Droid to show preview of webpages only while using WiFi, because that feature can use a lot of data
• <i>WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE</i>: You can save generated QR code in your SD card
• <i>CAMERA</i>: To scan codes from camera. QR Droid <b>cannot</b> access your camera while you're not using the app
• <i>FLASHLIGHT</i>: QR Droid lets you turn your camera flashlight on to improve light conditions
• <i>INSTALL_SHORTCUT</i>: QR Droid lets you create shortcuts to your most-used features, to access them with a single tap!
• <i>READ_CONTACTS</i>: QR Droid lists your contacts so you can select one and share their information, without typing anything! Without this permission, you'd need to write everything, every time. Absolutely <b>no information leaves your device, only you</b> can see your Contacts
• <i>READ_HISTORY_BOOKMARKS</i>: QR Droid lists your Browser's Bookmarks, to share them without typing anything. Absolutely <b>no information leaves your device, only you</b> can see your Bookmarks
<b>Note</b>: If you don't want to grant permissions <i>READ_CONTACTS</i> and <i>READ_HISTORY_BOOKMARKS</i>, please install "<b>QR Droid Private</b>" (<i>http://pr.qr.ai</i>) instead of "QR Droi
Last comments from Android Market
The best QR reader hands down. Plus free....download its a no brainer
Outstanding QR Code app. Never seen better!
Azure:) Its amazing! &im an honest person
Does what it says. Works fine on Desire. Android 2.2
Does what I need. Be nice.to have batch operations.
Absolutely awesome! Just what I was looking for.
Excellent!! I scanned one of my (already purchased) CD's and it showed track listing and other interesting info.