5771 ratings (4.436 average)
What's new in this version (5.2.1):
Several bugs fixed:
- Freezes occurred on some devices when loading History or creating QR codes
- Error produced when creating some QR codes
- Flashlight not being turned off on some devices
- FC produced on some devices when 'Beep' was enabled
- Auto open after scanning QR codes containing Web addresses, Contacts and others. You can modify this behavior on 'More' > 'Settings' > 'Default act
<b>LIMITED TIME ONLY</b> – QR Droid Private Completely Ad Free
<b>NEW! Add QR Droid widgets</b> - Get the most from QR Droid Private! http://0.qr.ai
<b>New! Visit the revamped QR Droid web-site and blog</b> (http://www.qrdroid.com).
"QR Droid Private" is the same as "QR Droid", except it does not ask for "Your Personal Information". Read "<b>Note</b>", below "<i>ABOUT PERMISSIONS</i>" to learn more.
QR Droid Private lets you use your camera to scan a QR code in a magazine and watch a video immediately! Or create a code from a Contact stored in your phone, let a friend scan it and get that info transfered! And much more!
<i>If you can't find, update or download QR Droid Private from Android Market, direct download installable APK here:</i>
<b>WHAT IS A QR CODE?</b>
It's the <i>evolution</i> of normal barcodes. They can hold more information and are more flexible. QR codes can be used to share Contact information, links, geo-locations and more.
<b>HOW TO SCAN A QR CODE?</b>
• Open QR Droid Private, it will begin scanning immediately
• Center QR code in your camera's viewfinder
• Scanned information will be shown, without pressing anything
QR Droid Private has the <b>best previewer</b>. If scanned QR code had a link to a YouTube video, you'll see video's image, title and duration, immediately! If it has a geo-location, you'll see a mini Google Map; and so on.
<b>HOW TO SHARE INFORMATION</b>
• Open QR Droid Private
• Touch button "Create", followed by any option, according to what you want to share
• Follow on-screen instructions until you see a QR code
• Show that QR code to a friend. He'll be able to scan it with his camera from your screen, and get shared information!
• <i>INTERNET</i>: QR Droid lets you decode from a QR code in Internet, given its URL
• <i>ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE</i>: You can set QR Droid to show preview of webpages only while using WiFi, because that feature can use a lot of data
• <i>WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE</i>: You can save generated QR code in your SD card
• <i>CAMERA</i>: To scan codes from camera. The app accesses the camera <b>only</b> when you ask it to scan a code.
• <i>FLASHLIGHT</i>: QR Droid lets you turn your camera flashlight on to improve light conditions
• <i>INSTALL_SHORTCUT</i>: QR Droid lets you create shortcuts to your most-used features, to acces them with a single tap!
<b>Note</b>: Unlike "<i>QR Droid</i>", "<i>QR Droid Private</i>" does not ask for permissions <i>READ_CONTACTS</i> and <i>READ_HISTORY_BOOKMARKS</i>. Because of this, you'll need to <b>enter all data manually</b> to generate QR codes from Contacts and Bookmarks. If you want this feature, install "<i>QR Droid</i>" (<i>http://q.qr.ai</i>) instead of "<i>QR Droid Private</i>". All your information <b>is secure and won't ever leave your device, no matter what version of QR Droid you use</b>.
• This is a free, ads-suppo
Last comments from Android Market
New to qr code app. I tried all the creators and decoder and have no problems. Fun to play with and could be used many ways. Five stars from me.
Easyshare is faaar better.
Useful, handy tool! Deep gratitude for respecting my privacy & not gathering personal info. I avoid many apps for overstepping privacy permisions.
Love that the developer respects privacy (and still allowing ads) but not that it relies on a 3rd party that does not respect privacy to use camera
would be awesome if there was a dolphin addon for sites without downloadable qr codes.
Caused my Droid x to lock up when I used the photo gallery.
Works like a champ and it does not ask 2 get into contacts as others do
Not "complete". Still needs an external app.
Why can't decode a saved image? (Galaxy 5)
This is a super handy, fun to use app! Thanks for this : )