381 ratings (4.184 average)
What's new in this version (5.59):
* Bug fixes
* removed requirement for GPS, although devices without GPS will not be able to use Autonomous mode.
Any problems, then email.
Android ARDrone Flight Application.
Control the AR.Drone and record video.
New V2 SDK support.
* ARDrone 2 support. Only for in-app Platinum Donators and ARDrone Combat owners, due to the time and expenses involved. Other users will be able to try out the video, but not fly.
* Added new Platinum Feature - Flight Animations. Flight animations allow a sequence of flight animations to be built up and then played back when the Drone is flying. This includes V2 only flips.
ARDrone 2 requires a powerful Android CPU - Galaxy S is a minimum requirement.
This software uses libraries from the FFmpeg project under the LGPLv2.1.
This software also uses the unmodified JAR of Apache Commons Net licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.
Video recording to a file or USB recording on V2 Drones.
Update Drone firmware.
Optional control of pitch and roll via tilt (default) or on-screen cyclic joystick.
Left handed mode puts collective joystick on left (and cyclic on right if showing).
Main screen by default shows toggle video recording, toggle drone cameras, emergency reset, battery level, take-off/land and collective joystick.
Full screen video tested on 1024x600 and 800x480 screens.
Haptic, audio or text to speech feedback.
Menu screen to configure settings and see Drone firmware version.
Also see FAQ: http://www.meavydev.co.uk/ARDrone.html#FAQ
Any problems, please email, as posting a comment on the Market can't be replied to.
German translation by Robin Kluth.
See the new demo video on my website for a guide to the App:
If you are using a 3.1 or newer device, support for control via gamepads has been added.
Also a on-screen menu button as the system menu is no longer visible.
Added gamepad mapping to preferences to allow mapping of gamepad buttons and joysticks.
Uses offline mapping from Mapsforge.
N.B. Autonomous mode is why Location has been added.
Added in app Donations via Google Play.
Added new dialog to choose map for autonomous map downloads from MapsForge with percentage progress.
Added percentage progress dialogs for firmware download and updates.
* Added support for Galaxy Ace - you will need to turn video rates down and not record ARDrone 2
* Added ARDrone 2 USB recording. Controlled via a "Use USB recording when available" option (default true). When USB recording active on screen prompt shows available recording time remaining.
* Changed to joystick touch centering by default. Also added option to turn this off.
Touch centering means you still have to touch in the on-screen joystick to activate it, but this is taken as the joystick centre.
This does mean if you touch near the screen edge, you can run out of joystick travel.
* Added 'Set device video performance' preference used to
Last comments from Android Market
Still the best of all 3 apps for my droid and drone! Amazing. Connects easily. Video ptetty clear. Controls are good. Keep updating! Droid X
Work in progress but great start. Droid 2
Epic fail at fixing to fit galaxy tab or any tablet screen... Latest update ignored tablets..
in two days i will get my drone, hope that will connect with galaxy tab and galaxy s.
Tested it outside and other than the wind it worked pretty well, just need more practice lol keep up the good work dev., dual joysticks?
Great job. Working good on HTC Evo with CM6.1.1 just a small problem with the video on the top edge
Launched my AR Droid with this app and it took off uncontrollably at very high speed. Scary.
Works decently, I'm experiencing the directional controls... ie up, down, and spin... are also controlling moving controls... ie forward, backdroid_X
Very nicely done! Galaxy i9000 with a custom 2.2.1 rom
Everyone that says 2.2 supports ad-hoc doesnt know what they are talking about. Just cause you run CM mod doesn't mean its supported from google.