911 ratings (4.393 average)
What's new in this version (1.5.1):
- Removed ability to donate using paypal to app.
- Removed unnecessary permissions.
This tool will help you manage your android phone to connect to Wifi networks (Wireless Internet, or Wi-fi) while on Airplane Mode.
Very easy to use, simply press the buttons as they get active.
1) Before take off, turn on airplane mode by pressing the "Airplane Mode" button. This will also enable the Wi-fi On button for later use (Your Wi-fi and Bluetooth will also be disabled, for now)
2) When Wi-fi is allowd to be used, use the "Wi-fi On" button to turn on wi-fi, this will also open the wi-fi settings to connect to the airplane network's SSID. Some airlines require you to register or login, so make sure you go into the browser and follow directions before opening any other aplication since they might not work right away.
3) When announced that wi-fi usage should stop, use the "Wi-fi Off" button to turn wi-fi off.
4) After landing, use the "Landed" button to turn airplande mode off. This will turn airplane mode off and re-enable your phone usage as normal.
This tool works with any version of Android, including 2.0+, however, it is only necessary if you have a device with Android 1.5-1.6. Android 2.0+ allows Wifi to be toggled while on AP Mode.
Open the preferences and you will find some extras. These extra features will allow you to modify the system so that when you enable airplane mode, wifi/bluetooth stay on, and, are toggleable.
Bluetooth on Airplande Mode only works if your device is on Android 2.2+ AND the device manufacturer allows it.
This application is free, and if you like it and would like to support me, you can scroll down and click on "View more applications by this developer", buy one of my paid apps. Also, this application has a built-in ability to send me donations via PayPal, you are NOT required to do so, but anything is greatly appreciated it and I will take it as a reason to keep supporting this application and trying to get the best out of your phone.
Last comments from Android Market
Does not work on HERO.... force closes
Thought this was impossible on my Galaxy S until I stumbled upon this. Fantastic! Thanks so much. Force closes occasionally...otherwise brilliant!! :)
Error box pops up when app starts but still allows wifi connection in airplane mode. MotocliqXt
BT now works on Droid 1 froyo. Many thanks!
This used to wor, but FC every time now on Eve with 1.5 cupcake.
Don't understand it still was never connected 2 WiFi
HTC evo 2.2: awesome now I can use WiFi on the plane without getting a fine LOL
This app is great if you also go on a cruise ship, where roaming charges are much more expensive than wifi.
Wifi works great, but I installed this app to enable Bluetooth in airplane mode. I have a Droid with froyo 2.2 and Bluetooth stays disabled?
dang ads, I just use the old one... other than that, great app