76 ratings (3.224 average)
What's new in this version (0.6.0):
• A great deal of bugfixes and underwater improvements
• Supports extensions, such as the newly released Sheet Music Extension for Collectionista (purchase this to remove ads)!
• Search online for books, music CDs and sheet music, and add to your collections. All directly and without scanning a barcode.
New permissions are to keep the extension in check.
Recommended barcode scanner app: Barcode Scanner (by ZXing)
Collection manager for books, music CDs, sheet music scores, and more! Add items to shelves by scanning their barcodes, searching online or entering details manually. You can organize them into collections you manage yourself. (Keywords: packrat inventory delicious library goodreads aldiko)
Designed as a general Android app to keep hold of any collections, Collectionista aims to fit in with the system and other apps, natively. Emphasis is on a beautiful presentation and a sound user experience. Examples are the book and CD covers that are automatically fetched off the internet, but which you can also change if you want to.
Each collection has some special actions for its items. An example is linking a CD to a playlist in your music player.
The goal is to become a manager of not only these typical media collections, but also of classic collectibles or even plain day-to-day items.
Collectionista integrates well on a broad range of devices and platform versions, including phones with small screens and full-size tablets.
• Create collections for books and CDs. As well as a generic collection for any other miscellaneous items. Create as many collections and name them as you want.
• Add items to a collection, such as books, music CDs or generic items. An item can hold a lot of related information.
• A collection is presented naturally, for instance in the form of a shelf with books on it.
• Use barcode scanning to add an item, using information downloaded from online databases.
• Online databases used are currently: Google Books and Discogs.
• Track when you created and last modified items.
• Covers are displayed and downloaded. They can be exchanged for images from your Gallery or elsewhere from your device. Also, back covers are shown.
• Rate your items.
• Mark whether you have read a book.
• Share an item title via a generated barcode. Easy to exchange with another phone.
• Long lists of items scroll fast and covers are only shown when they become visible. This keeps memory usage low.
• Covers are updated from the internet periodically and automatically (except if you chose the cover).
• App can be installed on SDcard. Your database is kept internally however, in accordance with the Android specification. A cache of cover images etc. on the other hand is kept on the SDcard. We make sure to follow the Android spec as to the location.
• Data is backed up to the Google cloud. It restores upon reinstall or when you buy a new phone. No action required. Depends on device support.
• A purple ActionBar at the top let's you easily navigate, perform common actions, and find your way back home.
• The workflow mimics the native workflow of Android apps. I.e. your data is always saved, unless you cancel, discard, or revert, even if you briefly switch to another application.
• We apply an extensive test suite before releasing new versions to prevent common problems/errors reappearing. While never 100% effective, this allows us to guarantee a certain level of quality eventually.
• All control and input methods are supported: touch, joyball, joystick, point-and-click, 4-way buttons, hardware keyboard, virtual keyboards, ... Any language input. Both portrait and landscape mode, and screen rotations.
This app is open-source. Any contributions are welcome and sincerely appreciated.
Please rate this app, and when you do, please rate only the functionality currently available and your experience in using the app. New functional
Last comments from Android Market
It would be nice not to get upload fails on the majority of the books I scan. What's the point of the barcode scanner if the upload always fails.
I like the app so far, but it could use manual ISBN entry, and some sort of export. Preferably an import too, but export is more important.
Its a good start but searches take a long time if you can get it found at all. No batch scan or a way to search item # without a barcode. DINC
Scanning barcodes always fails/force closes. Zte blade, 2.1
Didn't work in HTC inspire
Honeycomb Barcode problem There seems to be a barcode scanning problem in Honeycomb using "Barcode Scanner" - I think the problem lies with the barcode app and not Collectionista although I got strange patterns on the screen when I first started it w
Scanner is a joke. 0 results on about 30 comic scans. Droid x
Would like View Mode on select, THEN Edit Mode through menu, like in PackRat. Missing features others have. Remove Coarse Location. Will watch.
David Morton (**)
Fails to add most CD's. Batch scan and export would be nice features. I'll be watching this app and re-review following later releases. Good start.