4 ratings (4.500 average)
What's new in this version (1.2.0):
- v1.1.1 - Bugfix: fixed issue where alarm would re-activate at a random time after being dismissed.
- v1.1.0 - Initial fork from the paid version.
As seen on The Guardian's Apps Blog, Androinica and Android UK News Etc, and now as a free ad-supported version!
RSS Alarm is an alarm clock with an emphasis on staying up-to-date. Wake up in the morning to the latest news via RSS feeds, read out by your phone. Rise to that podcast you've been meaning to listen to. You can even use a normal alarm tone if that's your style.
Your RSS feeds are regularly updated, so you'll always wake up to the latest information.
RSS Alarm has a number of neat tricks up its sleeves, including:
- The ability to import RSS feeds from Google Reader
- Automatic importing of podcasts from Google Listen and other podcatchers
- A soothing night clock that is easy on the eyes in the dark.
- An Ice Cream Sandwich-inspired interface, ready for any Android 2.2+ device.
This version is supported by adverts. By upgrading to the paid version you can get rid of the adverts and be the first to try all of RSS Alarm's newest features such as Shake-to-Snooze.
- Android's text-to speech engine only supports English, French, German, Italian and Spanish. Other languages may require third-party text-to-speech engines.
Love it? Loathe it? Found any bugs? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact me on Reddit (DoddyUK).