3368 ratings (4.317 average)
What's new in this version (0.8.2 beta):
Changes in 0.8.2 :
* Dynamic map widgets
* Map settings moved to map screen
* Lock screen button with logging services
* Fixed Arabic, Kannada scripting and RTL languages
* Improved Routing
Osmand (OSM Automated Navigation Directions)
Osmand is an open source navigation application with access to a wide variety of global open street map data. All map data (vector or tile maps) can be stored on the phone memory card for offline usage. Osmand also offers offline and online routing functionality including voice guidance.
Some of the core features:
- Complete offline functionality (store downloaded vector or tile maps in a selectable folder)
- Compact offline vector maps for the whole world available
- Download of country or region maps directly from the app
- Overlay of several map layers possible, like GPX or navigation tracks, Points of Interest, favorites, contour lines, public transportation stops, additional maps with customizable transparency
- Offline search for addresses and places (POIs)
- Offline routing for short distances (experimental)
- Car, bicycle, and pedestrian modes with:
- Optional automated day/night view switching
- Optional speed-dependent map zooming
- Optional map alignment according to compass or direction of motion
Limitations of this free version of Osmand:
- Number of map downloads limited
- No access to Wikipedia offline POIs
Osmand is actively being developed and our project and its further progress relies on financial contributions to fund the development and testdriving new functionality. Please consider buying Osmand+, or funding specific new features or making a general donation on osmand.net.
Last comments from Android Market
This is the best off line map. Give it a try.
Now you can download maps directly from your mobile device easily, very nice.. I wish the UI was more friendly, more customizable
Just great! Easy to use, intuitive, feature rich, love it!
Best offline mapping app! Would be nicer if had a way of automatically collecting tiles for an area. Recent update eliminated California data!!!
With the latest release it just went mind blowing. Used to crash,now it's rock solid.
This has the look of a very sophisticated map app in the making. Worth 5 stars and a donation to the Team.
Loving it. Almost useless for the traveler though since I can't easily cache a region. Pretty please can you add that? :)
No download button on huawei ideos. The maps do work otherwise though.
Not working on dell streak?
Can't download indexes on droid x. Download button does not appear