959 ratings (4.488 average)
What's new in this version (0.8.2 beta):
Changes in 0.8.2 :
* Improved Routing
* Dynamic map widgets
* Map settings moved to map screen
* Lock screen button with logging services
* Fixed Arabic, Kannada scripting and RTL languages
Osmand+ (OSM Automated Navigation Directions)
Osmand+ is an open source navigation application with access to a wide variety of global open street map data. All map data (vector or tile maps) can be stored on the phone memory card for offline usage. Osmand also offers offline and online routing functionality including voice guidance.
Osmand+ is the paid application version, by buying it you support the project, fund the development of new features, and receive the latest updates.
Some of the core features:
- Complete offline functionality (store downloaded vector or tile maps in a selectable folder)
- Compact offline vector maps for the whole world available
- Unlimited downloading of country or region maps directly from the app
- Offline Wikipedia feature (download Wikipedia POIs), great for sightseeing
- Overlay of several map layers possible, like GPX or navigation tracks, Points of Interest, favorites, contour lines, public transportation stops, additional maps with customizable transparency
- Offline search for addresses and places (POIs)
- Offline routing for short distances (experimental)
- Car, bicycle, and pedestrian modes with:
- Optional automated day/night view switching
- Optional speed-dependent map zooming
- Optional map alignment according to compass or direction of motion
Last comments from Android Market
Excellent app. Real offline map. Galaxy S
Does not wotk
difficult app for use. a billions maps needed, was spend a lot time with downloading...
After testing the free version a while on my SGS, it was only logic to give some money for the full app. Imortant to install the GSM Status App!
Great app, would be nice if osm were more like UKOS maps on terrain, but I guess that will come in time - fully offline and great for directions too
Great app, very happy to have upgraded from free version. Nice to be able to support such good work. Thanks!
Great map application! Works even without Wifi or phone connection! Gladly pay to support & keep ad free!