432 ratings (4.419 average)
What's new in this version (0.7.0.1):
- one can play through the whole Baldur's Gate saga
- custom TTF fonts support
- arbitrarily sortable casting list
- ios configuration interface, xcode project
- more pst spawn ini flags, individual critical hit animations
- many iwd2 feats
- resting, comment timing, actions
- drop caps, keybindings, sdl 1.3 input
GemRB (Game engine made with pre-Rendered Background) is a portable open-source implementation of Bioware's Infinity Engine.
Supported games: Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale series, Planescape:Torment.
Requires 128+ of free RAM and large 4-inch screen. Engine is in a development stage - may contain bugs.
You NEED original game resources to play!
You may try Baldur's Gate 2 demo - enable it in "Downloads" menu, and you don't need installation instructions then. It's 800 Mb.
1. Install apk and run. GemRB will install some data files to you device and close.
2. Open directory app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb on SD card with any file manager and rename file GemRB.cfg.sample to GemRB.cfg.
3. Install original game to PC (full installation needed!).
4. Copy all folders and files(except *.exe) from game folder on your PC to app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb folder on your device SD card.
5. Edit GemRB.cfg in text editor to configure GemRB (instructions inside file).
6. Start GemRB and configure controls if needed.
If game crashes, please install aLogcat application, run it, capture the log and e-mail it to me.
Last comments from Android Market
Crashes while dling. Such an amazing app idea though.
Client crashes right after you slide your finger across the screen when it tell you too on HTC EVO, when that bug is fixed, will be getting this again
Engineering Design Development (*****)
Awesome, excellent port to andriod os. Could use a option for the touch screen to be a mousepad. Needs better sliding keyboard support.
FYI this DOES work with GOG.com versions, just point all the CDs to the "data" directory. Playing Planescape with no major problems so far.
Works great on my DHD playing Baldurs Gate 2, graphics,sound and gameplay are exelent, but is a little hard to play with touch scren
Wanted to see what all the hype was but dont work on SGS i9000 after Initializing.. 3stars for effort
Works great on my HD2. Way to go!
Great idea get bluescreen then close after char creation on galaxy s
Works great once you edit the cfg file
The coolest thing I've found on the market so far. BG2 worked almost perfectly on the first try. Controls could use a bit work though. Galaxy S