3 ratings (2.333 average)
The Dictionary of Medicine and Life Sciences, compiled by The CJK Dictionary Institute (CJKI) in Japan, provides comprehensive coverage of medical terminology. This application includes English-Japanese and Japanese-English dictionaries that provide instant access to 394,000 technical terms and a UI in both languages.
Do you know how to say "type V acrocephalosyndactyly" in Japanese? With this application you can immediately find the equivalent of Ｖ型尖頭合指症.
At home, at work and on the go, translators, students and professionals of medicine and life sciences will often encounter technical terms related to pharmaceutics, dentistry, biotechnology and the like for which they need to quickly look up their Japanese or English translations.
The Dictionary of Medicine and Life Sciences, compiled by The CJK Dictionary Institute (CJKI) in Japan, is the only application on any mobile platform that provides comprehensive coverage of medical terminology. This application, which provides a user interface in both Japanese and English, includes both English-Japanese and Japanese-English dictionaries that provide access to a total of approximately 394,000 technical terms.
While several Japanese-English general vocabulary dictionaries are available for the Android platform, there are few specialized dictionaries that meet the specific needs of professionals, translators and medical students, while those that are available are prohibitively expensive and of limited coverage. With this application, you get a comprehensive database of technical terms available at your fingertips for a reasonable price.
* Both dictionaries combined contain over 394,000 entries
* Designed for both English and Japanese users
* Covers various subdomains including pharmaceutics, psychiatry, dentistry, medical equipment, biology, biotechnology, and much more
* All this data is instantly accessible right on your device - no Internet connection required
* What was that word you just looked up? Check the history!
* Easy bookmarking puts important terms a tap away
* Clean, easy to use interfaces in both English and Japanese
The CJK Dictionary Institute is directed by Jack Halpern, editor of the New Japanese-English Character Dictionary and The Kodansha Kanji Learner's Dictionary, now standard reference works.
Be sure to check out our other dictionary apps in the CJKI Technical Dictionaries Series by searching for "cjki" in the Android Market.