169 ratings (4.746 average)
What's new in this version (0.3.9):
Please send me an email if something doesn't work! Developers can't respond to comments.
--- new in 0.3.9 --
add option for phonetic names sync (please read the settings help)
fix for address book discovery
improved error reporting
fix one-way-sync issues
fix crash in account setup
workaround for Daylite issue
--- new in 0.3.8.4 --
support new account UI concept in Android 4.
CardDAV-Sync is a CardDAV client for Android to synchronize contacts. Due to its implementation as sync adapter it integrates seamlessly with the default contacts app.
(Also check out CalDAV-Sync beta)
<b>Important note for Jelly Bean users</b>: To prevent the removal of your accounts on reboot install this app:
Get support and news via Twitter https://twitter.com/dmfs_org
Please, if you find a bug send me an email. Without detailed error description I often can't do anything especially when I can't reproduce it. It's also possible that your server has a bug that CardDAV-Sync can not (yet) tolerate or work around. If you report bugs I can fix them quickly and everyone will benefit.
This is the paid version of CardDAV-Sync beta. It equals the free version except that it syncs more fields. Visit my website for details.
Please uninstall the free version before you install the paid one (and vice versa).
After the installation got to "Settings" > "Accounts & Sync" and create a new Account.
<b>Important!</b> If your phone removes the accounts on reboot, move the App back from SD card to the phone. Some phones (if not all) can't handle sync adapters on SD Card properly.
For users which are unable to edit or create synced contacts I published an editor at the market. Just search for "Contact Editor" or see my website.
Once this app reaches version 1.0, I'll make it open source.
See http://dmfs.org/wiki/index.php?title=Open_source_status for details on the open source status.
* Sync contacts from a CardDAV-server (tested and reported to work with DAViCal, SOGo, egroupware, Zimbra, david.fx, Yahoo, ownCloud ... and more see my website for details)
* basic support for self-signed certificates
* two-way-sync (please, don't forget to backup your contacts before you use this! It is still beta!)
* syncs names, phone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses, photos, birthdays (but please visit "date formats" on my website first), notes, instant messengers, organizations, nicknames, categories (groups), phonetic names and websites
* automatic address book discovery (works with most servers in default configuration)
It is still under development and some important features may be missing. Known limitations are:
* Contact lists (Apple-style groups) are not supported yet
* only "server wins" and "phone wins" (default) conflict resolution available (that is when a contact is updated on server and on phone between two syncs)
* custom labels are not preserved (actually, this is a vcard limitation)
* and maybe more
Please report bugs. Feedback is very welcome.
Btw: just writing a comment like "Doesn't work on..." won't help neither you nor me to get it running on your device. Please contact me if you have problems.
* crashes if phone orientation is changed during setup
* it may not sync if the contact collection on the server contains vcards which are not well formated (it is quite tolerant yet, but certain, very rare, format errors still will prevent a successful sync operation)
* @david.fx users:
Last comments from Android Market
The sync with sogo is not complete. Not all fields go across. It's a good start.
Works great with DAViCal server. Awesome developer too! Now bidirectional and periodic sync available. Dev overcame Android editor bug with his own.
Works great, you just need this developer's "Contact Editor" to edit on the phone, but that works too.
The missing link for those if us who won't put their data in someone else's hands, no matter how non-evil they pretend to be ;)
Seems to work well with zimbra, thanks v much!
After the last couple of updates the application works really well with davical. Also 2 way sync. Time to get the paid version.
Awesome app! Synchronizes my contacts with Sogo, even when ios wouldn't! Developer its very friendly, and helped with getting software on my phone!
Like it. I really like this app, but can't install commercial version to my MB525, Motorola Defy, please make it possible, cause I really need it, just like your awesome CalDAV syncer.
Awesome product. Excellent support. The only connector that would work with Zimbra Open Source on my Droid X with Gingerbread. The developer replies to email quickly. Don't forget to install the Contact Editor, or you won
Works well with Zimbra 6